Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

brake controller
I have a 99 silverado with the factory tow package. I'm installing a Hopkins brake controller (47225 - the cheap one!) I have power to the unit, but I don't have power on the brake wire. At the brake...
2
2

1999 Suburban 1st to 2nd shift sometimes hard shift under light loads
I bought this suburban and love it. 124k Miles. The engine is great and smooth running and the trans shifts great in normal load conditions but I live in Atlanta and get stuck in traffic to and from...
1
1

1999 Suburban - How does differential look work?
I bought a suburban that has differential lock. The original sticker calls it; Locking Differential-rear axle I'm wondering how this works (ie wheel slip, electronic lock) he only paid $252 extra. It...
5
5

1990 silverado
My 1990 silverado has a bad spark knock when under a load, I changed the timing chain and gears (double roller) put in a new crankshat and new bearings, replaced the knock sensor and put on a new...
3
3

1998 GMC Sierra
fuel guage stopped working after I filled my tank, what could this be? Thanks in advance.
1
1

4x4 won't lock in
'99 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 will not lock in. 4x4 is push-button, if that matters? 4x4 Indicator light does not show-up on dash either. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Thanks in advance....
3
3

91 Chevy K1500, Need source of supply for leaf spring U bolts, U bolt anchor plates, and top spacer
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 4WD 1/2 ton pickup truck with a short bed. The truck has a Conventional two door Cab and the wheel base is 117.5 inches. The engine size is a 4.3 V6, engine code...
6
6

Re: 4x4 won't lock in
Not on a silverado, but on my Jimmy. The 4x4 is engaged by a vacumn actuator connected via circuits to your button. After almost ten years, the wires may be corroded or the actuator may be out, or the...

Looking for GM parts look-up site & part number interchange site
Besides does anyone know of a site that will allow me to enter a vehicle year, make, model, etc., and find GM part numbers for a specific part ? Other than does anyone know of a site that provides...

Vac diagram request from 95 Jimmy
Hi there, Does anyone have a vac diagram for the 4.3L W series 95 Jimmy that shows the breakdown of parts/location for the transfer case vac switch and the vac actuator under the battery tray, vac...

98 Blazer with rough idle
Hey Guys, Had some great help here before thought I'd give it another try! Got a 98 blazer, had some issues running rough for the first 10-20 minutes when first starting it, had it looked at and the...
5
5

OT: server blocked?
Server blocked
1
1

accleration problem
hi, I have a 99 s-10 blazer and need help trying to locate the problem, the truck will start and idel just fine but when i try to acclerate it want to bog down it wont kill or stall but it has no...
1
1

'97 Chevy Silverado - Blown Head Gasket?
I've got water pouring out from around the bottom of the left side head. Blown head gasket is what I am thinking but the truck is running just fine. I'm just losing water by the gallon all around the...
2
2

1997 Cavalier
Does anyone know how much it will cost to replace the steering rack including labor? Thanks.
1
1