Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RE: 08 bumber to bumber warranty
the leveling kit will make your ride a slight bit rougher and feel diffrent when your steering the truck and a slight loss in fuel mileage but we have trucks so dont worry about fuel cost and the...

RE: 08 silverado gas mileage
what you are getting now is what you can expect with the new one i have a z71 4x4 1500hd and get what you are getting the 1500hd and the 2500 are the same exact truck the only diffrence is the...
2
2

'99 K2500 Suburban - removing front brake caliper assembly
What tool (I need to make a trip to NAPA or AutoZone) is used to remove the bolts holding the caliper to the truck? Looks like a large 'Allen wrench' head. Thanks, Walt
2
2

98 S10 Vacuum Issue
I am trying to track down a possible vacuum issue. I have no HVAC control and understand it is operated by vacuum. I found what looks to be a vacuum line disconnected on the driver side of the motor...
14
14

Driving Lights
Hi all I have a 99 GMC Z71 Shortbox ext cab 4X4 My driving lights decided they don't want to work anymore I checked the bulbs, seemed OK, bulb filament intact, checked for power at the lights, there...
3
3

Differential Fluid
What is the proper fill level for the front and rear differentials? 07 Silverado 2500 Duramax 3:73 I always thought is was to the bottom of the drain plug hole but it seems to be different per the...
1
1

Diesel Fuel Leak
Thought this might interest some other Diesel owners. While vacationing and towing my 23' trailer, I stopped in a gas station and then couldn't start my truck again. Cranked over but no start. I...

1972 Blazer Steering Knuckle
The rubber mount shredded around the steering knuckle of my Blazer. Has anyone had any experience replacing this? With it being rubber, I imagine it's a part you can buy? Any tips? I've never dealt...

Replacement of rear cab mounts on a 1991 Chevy K1500 short bed pickup
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 short bed pickup. I'm replacing the rear cab mounts (rubber bushings). I have a Chilton and it looks like a fairly straight forward job, but I have never...
3
3

Looking for a source for Metric Carriage Bolts
Hi Everyone, I am having trouble finding what I would call a carriage bolt, it looks just like a carriage bolt except that it has a spline round shape under the head instead of a square shape that is...
4
4

99 Suburban Oil Pressure
The truck gets between 40 and 60 PSI when moving. After warm up at Idle its 22 PSI. Is it time to change the Oil pump? If so, is a standard off the shelf sufficient or should I get a high volume pump?...
1
1

99 Surban fuel pump noise
When the truck is running there is a constnat high pitched whine from the rear end. Might be a fuel pump. I've got 124K miles and wondering if this is getting ready to go out or can this go on for...
8
8

99 Suburban Pinion Nut Loose
My Suburban has a noise after a quick stop where the rear end sets down. There is like a bump noise from the rear end. I'm wondering if it could be the Gear ware (124K Miles) and can this be adjusted...
3
3

engine dies
1995 gmc 3500: dies when put in gear any reasons why I think it has something to do with vacum
1
1

96' S10 2.2 5spd manual...how easy to replace clutch master / slave cylinders and water pump ?
Thanks in advance.