Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4l80E seperate aftermarket wiring/computer
Does anyone know if GM sells a after market wiring harness to manage the 4L80e transmission ?.. I have heard to just find a diesel 6.5 and grab the wiring and computer,, Sounds like a waste of time...
1
1

'91 S10 radio wiring diagram
1991 Chev Blazer S10, nearly 400,000 km on original motor! We're looking for a wiring diagram for the radio, which finally sputtered and died, and am replacing it with an am/fm/cd player from Canadian...
2
2

99 Silverado odometer
I have 120k miles, and odometer lights up intermittently. Have seen previous posts saying I'll have to replace instrument cluster, or clean out towing harness connector. Anyone else seen this? How did...

noise on 97 chevy blazer
ive been having problems with a loud creaking of some sort sound coming from front end. Just noticed my 2hi button on 4x4 doesnt stay on, when i switch to 4hi or 4lo it blinks once and will stay on,...
1
1

ATV Tires question
I have some Super Swampers on my 4X4 Rancher.. I been looking at Swamp Lites and Mud Lites. I now have 26-9.5-11. The Mud Lites do look more aggressive.. Which might be better??
1
1

Front end alignment
Well, I think I might finally get a front end alignment. My 99 Silverado, 4x4, 5.3L and 4L60E doesn't shimmy, shake, vibrate, or make any noises. The tires wear evenly and my Michelin LTX's got way...
4
4

Abdominal Snoman Returns
John Stan you best crawl back to your snocave. I said I wasn't going to stop posting links to your stupidity. Yet here you are again. ___________________________________________________________ SBJ:...
1
1

Occasional Poor Diesel Idling
My truck is a 2005 with the Duramax Diesel & 6sp manual. Normally, it idles about 750rpm. Occasionally, the idle speed will drop to 675 rpm or so and the engine will shake terribly. Lightly depressing...
1
1

02 silverado bad front wheel bearing?
I have a 2002 silverado 4wd and I am getting a rough scraping or grinding noise from the front right wheel. Not the brakes. This happens in 2 and 4wd and is much louder when doing a left turn or lane...
2
2

speedometer answers
i have an 05 silverado and the speedometer reads in the gear selecter area when i started it and stayed there. any answers? -- Message posted using information at
19
19

srumble only in OD
My 98 GMC has developed a rather pecular issue that maybe some of you can help with. Truck is a K-1500 4x4 with pushbutton 4wd. While driving in OD around 45-65 MPH, when applying a very slight...

valve tappet or piston slap noise?
I have a 97 suburb (60,000 miles on this engine) with the 5.7l vortec. When it starts up cold in the morning(approx. 20F.) I hear a very load tapping sound ... load enough to hear it a block away.. it...

2002 Silverado Flapping Folding Mirror
When I went to fold in my passenger mirror it snapped and now swivels loosely. Tried to pry open and noticed the retainer on the spring is off. Any suggestions removing the plastic mirror housing and...

1994 K1500 dash electrical oddities
1. When cold, turning the headlights on will result in immediate headlights, but a 10-20 second delay in the dash lights. At the same time, there will be a 10-20 second delay in taillights as well....
1
1

Need help with label
Can anyone send me a picture of the serpentine belt label under the hood of a 1990-91 full size Blazer or Jimmy. I need to reproduce the label for a restoration. Thanks all in advance Carroll Senn...