Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Need new radiator, Can I install one with an oil cooler??
My radiator is cracked at the plastic housing on the drivers side. I currently have it repaired with some JB weld. It is holding pretty good but I know it will only last so long. My current radiator...
1
1

Silverado 4 x 4 Transmission problem PLEASE HELP!!!
We replaced the transmission with one from a 2006 silverado. Wiring is all the same the only thing we had to change was the park, neutral position switch. The problem we have is the trans will not up...
6
6

fuel injector rebuild?
Hello all, I just had a LOF and the turn switch assembly changed on my 98 Jimmy, the mechanic asked what I was going to do with it since I have 115K miles. I told I was going to run it as long as I...
3
3

Dual Thermostats
Duramax Where are the two located: I would assume one is at engine side of upper radiator hose, other ? I see large temperature fluctuations. 170-210*F Truck has 15,000 miles on it. Do the two...

2000 Z71 Hard to Steer Right When Cold
I hear that there is a Technical Service Bulletin on steering stiffness when steering right. Can anyone advise me as to the bulletin's content? STOVEBOLT
1
1

How to disassemble the NV247 transfer case

Please Help me Diagnose my problem!!
Ok, so I have been trying to get my 89 s10 4.3 4x4 to stop bogging down and loosing power. Here is the history of the vehicle. I am not a mechanic, but I am pretty a pretty good DIYer and can do most...
4
4

Foul Mouth advice
I myself never take a person answers in a Newsgroup Seriously, if the Contain Foul Language. Nor Would I have this person Work on any one of My Vehicles .
8
8

How difficult is it to replace Cat Converter
Ok, so I think my catalytic conver needs replacing. The heat shield is rattling pretty bad, and its pretty old and rusted and I have replaced or tuned-up just about everything else. So hopefully this...
12
12

+"My Kids don't love me" ......OT.......
So I'm working on this guys truck today see......... He walks up....starts a distracting conversation while my thoughts are on providing him high quality service at a bitch-free price....... I'm rite...
11
11

paint code 2003
Where do they hide the paint code on a 2003 Silverado?
2
2

Alternator Question
2002 2500 Diesel When I start the truck it takes about 15-30 seconds before the alternator gauge shows it to begin charging. Any ideas. Stephen
5
5

99 GMC Suburban - EGR Issues
I just replaced the EGR valve in my 99 Suburban (K1500 - 5.7L) ? again. I am wondering if there is something else that I should look at. I would imagine that the new valve could fail as well (because...
17
17

Are performance plug wires worth it??
Hi there, Its time for spring tune up. I have an 89 s10 4.3 4x4. I was wondering if there was any real benefit from performance plugs, wires, coil on a stock engine. I understand the theory behind it....
5
5

plow truck
I have a1989 Blaser with a snow blade on it. Can I just add another leaf spring to the front for the extra weight even though it has those stock reverse springs on it?
1
1