Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Follow up to mis fire code post
'99 Yukon 5.7 After doing all the obvious tune up stuff, TPS and Crank sensors the light throttle misfire was caused by the distributor. Symptom was a light throttle cruise miss at 1500 rpm, idle...

98 jimmy speaker question
Hello all, I want to install speakers into the top dash area where factory speakers were not installed. I opened the covers and found wiring and tested them , they work. what size fits into the...
1
1

poor gas mileage
I have a 2005 gmc crew cab z71. I have a 26 gallon tank and I am only getting 290 miles off of a tank of gas is this right? I know other guys who are getting 350 to 400 miles off of their tanks. I...
29
29

1994 k1500 5.7 has no low end power
my truck has no power at low rpm untill about 3500 rpm then runs strong. The exaust sounds different but it is not pluged ive done a tune up plugs wires cap roter air and fuel filter checked the...
2
2

Stalling
I have a 93 Blazer,6cylinder,just tuned up. Starts up fine idles great,But; stalls when put into gear. I need help ASAP please. -- Message posted using information at
1
1

1989 3/4 ton 4x4 350 Engine
my 89 3/4 ton 4x4 seems to use 1/2 a liter of oil per tank of gas. Is this normal. It has approx 210,000 Km. The truck has no oil leak and smoke a puff of blue when starting every once in a while. oil...
3
3

98 Chevy Suburban K2500 Cooling system questions
I have a 1998 Chevy Suburban K2500 4x4 (7.4L gas) with 117k miles. The radiator developed a crack in the oil cooler tank right beside the upper oil cooler fitting. So, it was time to replace the...
4
4

Front axel seal replacement
Just got a 1979 K20 and the right front axel seal is leaking really bad. How big of a job is it to replace those seals? Thanks for any advice given!!
10
10

1987GMC fule pump
I have 1987 GMC 1500 in tank fule pump with no power. I changed fule filter ,fule punp, fule line relay and the ECM. I'm at the point now that I'm thinking of running a hot line to the punp side of...
8
8

2000 suburban heater
2000 suburban ls without climate control, when I turn the temperature gauge from hot to cold it does not change the air temp it is stuck on hot any one have a picture of the parts that close the door...

2004 silverado stereo
stereo sounds good for stock (bose) but none of the controls work except off/on and volume. lights come but cd will not eject or ff or stop or nothing short of pliers to get out. quick fix or do I rip...
6
6

'95 Tahoe Question
Does a 1995 Tahoe 4X4 have the same acuator switch as my '88 K2500?(just screws in the housing) If not would someone let me know where it is located and ease of removal. Thanks Stan
1
1

93 standard transmission
I have a 93 1 ton gm 4x4 with a 5 speed standard transmission. It grinds when I put it in 2nd or reverse. There isn't much travel on the clutch peddle so is this a transmission problem or a cluth...
1
1

2002 Blazer Bucking, Temperature Gauge goes bonkers
Any feedback appreciated. 2002 Blazer V6 Anyone seen anything like this? Cars bucks, usually twice, intermittently at between 15 and 70 miles highway driving. Gets worse with time. Never happens...
5
5

fuel tank repair
Here's one I just heard of... my friend has an '07 pickup with a GM plastic gas tank. While parked in his driveway one night, someone reached in front of the left rear tire and drilled a 7/16 inch...
8
8