Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

350 cam selection
ok i have an '80 chevy 3/4 ton shortbed with 6" lift 35" gumbo mudders with 4.11 gears/ 4speed sm465 tranny...i have a 350 with stock internals,vette heads,edelbrock performer manifold,edelbrock 650...
3
3

Stepper motor
Any ideas where I can purchase the stepper motor's for the GM instrument clusters. Have a 04 Trailblazer here with a failed speedo stepper. Soldered in the temp stepper in place of speedo, same part #...
7
7

Misfire codes
'99 Yukon 95k miles, 5.7, 1500 4x4 Getting P0300 & P0307 codes. Reading it with Car Code via laptop. Misfires showing up in cylinders 7 and 2 mostly. New NAPA premium cap, rotor, wires and AC plugs...
6
6

cool car insureance compare site
here is a cool site to check if you are being over charged for auto insureance

suburban conversion
I was in need of some information I am interested in converting an older suburban into a crew cab shortbox, I know I can buy a crew cab truck but I want to build a inexpensive bush truck I need...
9
9

Brake warning lamp behavior
I have a 96 S10 4X4. The ABS has been broken for the last 5 years. IT appears that the ABS warning lamp has finally burnt out. But...now the Brake warning lamp is on. My question: IF the ABS warning...
8
8

RV cam a problem?...
what to do?... i put a motor that had been recently rebuilt from a parts truck (91 chevy k2500 ld) in my 92 gmc k1500 and it doesn't run quite right... i found out from the person who rebuilt the...
4
4

93 Suburban Stalling Options
It has the 350 k1500 4x4, this truck always starts and nevers stalled,.. just happened with no warning, I went to start it and it didn't want to start so I pressed the gas pedal a couple of times and...
1
1

Truck dosent run good when warm
Hey Guys, I have a friend with a 1987 GMC half a 305 with TBI. Automatic tranny. The truck starts good and runs fine until the engine is warmed up, then it runs like crap. It wont idle in gear....
1
1

Brake Bleeder Preference
Pressure or vacuum type? How about the pump style pressure units with no separate chamber for fluid? I use an older KD pressure set-up but he doesn't like the price. I figure the folks on here might...
16
16

rams horn exhaust manifolds
Anyone been down this road before....Yeah I know its not a GM truck ? but thought someone here might know. can anyone tell me who might have the spark plug wire heat shields that go along with rams...

2001 Chevy 350 / 5.7
Saw a 2001 chevy advertised as having a 350 / 5.7... is this true??? This is exactly how it was advertised I thought 98 (or maybe 99) was the last year for these motors. It could be just like people...
6
6

Crankshaft Position Sensor question
2000 Silverado 5.3L, 4X4, 167K I need to replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor. The manual states that after replacement it must be connected to a scan tool for a "CKP System Variation Learn...
9
9

99 obs Tahoe - backfire through canister
For about the fifth time in three or four months, my 99 5.7 has backfired out the evap canister while cranking. Today, I went to start it hot, I it cranked for about a half-second then backfired. A...
5
5

86 s10 Blazer F/P relay?
(86, S-10, 2.8 ,2 wheel drive 2 door) Where is this relay located ? If it's one of the 3 on the drivers side inner fender, which one of the three is it and what are the other two in order please?...
1
1