Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Mirror '99 Sierra 1/2 Ton
I caught the passenger mirror on another mirror, it knocked the glass bracket off the yoke and cracked the glass. Is it possible to replace just the glass and not the entire assembly? It is a power...

Time Delayed BallJoint Bombs.......now that was cool.....
Years ago when I was a wee lad........ My pop showed me how to make home made bazookas outta the beer cans lay'n around his shop..... using cigarette lighter fluid and duct tape............ He showed...
4
4

08 bumper to bumper warranty
i have a question. i bought a 08 silverado crew cab. i want to install a 2.5" front leveling kit. what will this do to my front suspension warranty? also i have been told, if you want to add dual...
1
1

'94 S-10 Blazer.....4WD BROKEN
Hey to all...!!! My '94 S10 Blazer's 4wd is not working. I know this is a common problem, I just don't know the solution. It has the electric engage and will not engage. The indicator lights for the...
4
4

2007 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4x4 1500
Front end vibration. Looking for information, If any body has experienced wheel vibration. My truck seams to continue to bounce more than it should when you go over a bump. Also the wheel seams to...
1
1

1997 transmission problem
1997 1500 4x4. started truck and service engine light came on. put truck in 3rd and hesited to drive forward, put in reverse and drove fine. put in 2nd gear and it drove normal. tachometer and mph...
3
3

Need info/experience with upgrades to increase load handling on 00 Silverado?
I have a 2000 Silverado 2500 with the ext cab and a short bed. The stock GVWR is 2395. I'm looking at a couple of the Lance campers that are designed for a short bed but I'm told they are suited only...
5
5

1995 GMC C/K1500 5.0L Firing position
Does anyone know where I should line up the timing mark on the driv pulley with which notch on the timing plate, for first cylinder firing? Had to take Distributor out and am having trouble getting...
2
2

Re: 1995 Chevy C/K1500 water pump and check engine light
Another thing to check would be the fitting connecting the heater core lines from the back of the intake manifold and the water pump. These have tendancy to corrode and break off in the manifold and...

hub lock question
I'm getting ready to replace my hub locks and have a set of Warn premiums for my 89 k5. There has been a ratcheting sound coming from them. I'm wondering if the last mechanic to tighten the axle nut,...
1
1

trailer brake controller on 98 GMC
Hi Can someone tell me if there is anywhere to connect the cold side of the brake controller, other than to the stoplight switch? I would like to avoid spliceing wires, if possible. Vehicle is 98 GMC...
1
1

4X4 Switch
I have inherited an old 2500 4X4. The transfer switch is in the dash board to change from 2X4 to 4X4. Does anyone know where to find a replacement harness for this system; or a work-around to avoid it...
2
2

Service 4 wheel drive light
Hello everyone 99 GMC K1500 Z71 extended cab 4X4 My service 4 wheel drive light comes on very randomly, sometimes a couple of times a month to once every couple of months, everything seems to be fine...
6
6

OEM GM and Chevy truck parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM GM and Chevy truck parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks, Joe. MAKE YEAR MODEL REV DATE GM TRUCK 90-98 ASTRO/SAFARI Nov-97 GM TRUCK...

Re: chevy blazer hesitation
on Tuesday 11 September 2007 07:15 pm, someone posing as pkup83 took a rock and etched into the cave: You didn't say how many miles are on the truck. However, I'd suggest the following to check: EGR...
4
4