Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'99 GMC Sierra Brake Change
I just changed the Rear Pads & Rotors on my '99 GMC Sierra. I am getting a squeak from the Rear Brakes when traveling over 25 MPH. The squeak goes away if I apply the Brake. Is there a setting that...

99 Silverado A/C trouble
I've never had my air conditioner serviced or fixed in all the years I've owned this truck! Finally a/c seems to be giving out. Will blow cold immediately after being switched on, but after an hour or...
1
1

Safe in "Park"?
A 98 Blazer with the cheesy parking brake that wears itself out when released. I'm tired of replacing the shoes and wondering how dependable the tranny is to hold the vehicle on steep hills in "Park"?...
6
6

Rim size
Hi, I have stock rims for my S10 Blazer. I'd like to get some more suited for off road. Any suggestions on size, etc? Thanks, Carol.
4
4

Correct Gear
On my S10 Blazer, the gears are D and D(with a circle). At the risk of sounding ignorant, are you suppose to drive in the D on regular streets, and the D(circle) on highways and freeways? I guess I'm...
7
7

A/C problem- 95 Jimmy SLT 4x4
Good day, I have searched on this and looked at a few different scenarios but I thought I'd ask if anyone has seen a solution firsthand... My A/C blows very cold, the evap/drier get very cold, the low...
2
2

2001 cherolet silverado 4wd light coming on
Does anyone here had the same problem it comes on when driving not in 4wd , went online in on of the forums say that it could be the switch that does the transfer of 4wd inside the dashboard on the...
1
1

Instrument cluster problems?
1990 Chevy k1500... I have my instrument cluster out due to some annoying speedo problem and a bad bulb. Local Chevy dealer tells me they don't do repairs on site and send the parts out to AC Delco,...
7
7

Tires unbalanced or something else>
I had new rims and ties put on my 90 Suburban about a month ago. It felt like the new tires were unbalanced so I took it back to be checked and they said it was the shocks. I don't believe it. Since...
7
7

02 silverado rear brakes
How do you get the rear brake disk/drums off, I relaxed the cables but they are still catching on the e/brake shoes.
21
21

Snoman Question
Thanks for taking the time Question I have A 1981 Chev K-20 8600 GVW with 35 x 12.50 x 16.5 BFG MUD TA's The truck had 9.50 x 16.5 OEM rubber from the factory 30" tall my speed o is off I know I must...
4
4

'99 Blazer; 4x4 Issue
I have a '99 Blazer with the 4-Button AutoTrac system. Its 4x4 has been out for some time. I haven't really made it a priority because of the mild winters we have had in Ohio lately. In any case, I...
2
2

Mileage estimates
Real life owners of 07 GMC 4WD 5.3(LH6), 3.73, Z71...Unloaded city and Hi Way. Window sticker 16/20 TIA
10
10

700R4 vs. TH400
I have a 700R4 which needs to be rebuilt. I have been told that the tv cable on that particular transmission should probably be installed by a pro. I have also been told that the cost of rebuilding...
3
3

95 Jimmy - replacing cam position sensor??
Hi there, I need to replace a failing cam position sensor. I have the 95 W series vortec motor. Is this sensor removable/replacable if I pull the dizzy cap and rotor out or do I need to pull the whole...
7
7