Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ABS sensor update
A few months back I asked about any tips on cleaning front wheel sensors on a '99 Yukon 1500 4x4 . Had under 5 mph ABS activation on dry stops. Finally got around to wrenching and results are..... In...

Seconday air injection woes
Hey All, I am in need of your help again. Vehicle is a 2000 Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3l ~70k miles. About 2.5 years ago, I had a P1416 - Seconday air injection system bank 2 malfunction. The truck was...

stuck CD on a Silverado
Vehicle is a 2004 2500 HD Silverado. It has a standard cd /radio player. There is a CD stuck in it and it will not eject. If you push the button to eject the radio makes strong clicking noise likes...
1
1

Bad Gas Gauge in a 1987Chevy Suburban
I own a 87 Suburban and the gas gauge says that i am getting more gas as i keep driving snice i am a girl i am kinda afraid to take it to a repair shop snice they over normally over charge me i was...
3
3

EGR
When Cold, apprently the ECU wont send a signal to the EGR solenoid to open. As soon as the truck gets to operating temperature the problems will start happening

1995 Chevy K1500 5.7L--- EGR Issue
Now I have seen multiple posts on the EGR valve and I have symptoms of a EGR problem however mine seems to be a little unique. I do know when my ECU requests for the EGR to open it does and the valve...
5
5

92 Yukon: Transmission now 'coasts' no braking
Hmmm.. My 92 Yukon (TH400 I believe) has developed a condition in which the transmission seems to run normally in all forward and reverse gears, with normal torque converter slip, EXCEPT there is no...

98 silverado won't blow air
Fuses ok. Changed switch once, and blew on high only for about 6 months. The air is cold, and the heater is hot, you can feel it at the vents, it just won't blow. Makes a solenoid click kind of sound...
2
2

1989 Chevy S10 Blazer Driver's Window Won't Stay Straight
The driver's side window glass on my 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer recently became "loose" and won't stay straight/vertical in the window channels. The motor/regulator appears to be working fine with lots of...
5
5

2000 GMC Jimmy keeps running (sometimes -- intermittent)
About once in every five times i drive my 2000 GMC Jimmy, it keeps running after I turn the key to the off position. The dashboard goes out (all of the gauges stop working, too) but the engine keeps...
1
1

Re: TRANSFER CASE BOLT LEAK HELP!
Yes, Do not type in CAPS. It is yelling and annoying! GM

why does my 2000 silverado2500 belt tensioner squeal?
every morning when i start my truck the wheel that keeps the tension on the serpentine belt squeals until it warms up(5 minutes). heres another one-- every once in a while i will turn off the truck...
4
4

Trouble with cooling system 1996 Blazer
The wife was driving the Blazer today and noticed that, at one point, it started to overheat. It then started to cool off, possibly because she was then at highway speeds. At home, I checked the oil...
3
3

O2 Sensor
Using a code reader, my truck (03 S-10 Crew Cab, 4.3l V6) was found to have a 'faulty' O2 sensor (the code reader said it was Bank 2 Sensor #1). Looking thru the archives, I saw a bunch of different...
6
6

anyone like the LM7 engines ?
I got a used LM7 engine outta a 1999-2000 Silverado 5.3 with 20,000k on it (accisdent truck) I was gonna remove the intake and buy a carb intake with aftermarket ignition system for around $699 @...