Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'05 colorado reverse gear
'05 colorado is stuck in reverse gear. Truck was cold. Started it up, put it in reverse, backed out of the driveway and now I cannot get it out of reverse into any other gear. Clutch seems to work...

90 GMC 4x4 VIOLENT front end shake at 45-60mph
I just acquired a 1990 GMC 1500 4x4 extended cab long box a week or so ago. The previous owner said it had a VERY violent shake in the front end that would start at 45mph and stop at 65mph. His...
3
3

alternate alternator on 99 tahoe?
I think it is time for a new alternator. From the factory, I've got the non-serviceable 105 amp unit. Can I swap it out with the serviceable 120 amp unit? Are the bolts/pulley/connectors etc the same?...

Tide in my radiator!
I noticed that the coolant level in my radiator rises and falls very rhythmically. It seems to be very consistent in it's tidal movements and appears to coincide with a fluctuating temp gauge. This...
3
3

95 Jimmy SLT 4x4 (W series 4.3L) - stupid O2 sensor location question
Hello all, I am killing myself trying to get solid verification on the O2 sensor location/s for this vehicle (see subject line). I have replaced the O2 sensor at the ?y¹ collector pipe just upstream...
5
5

97 Explorer update
Thanx all for the advice I got.. I replaced the 2 badly worn tires (1 had waves from being toed in so bad from ball joints being pooched), and it took a lot of the noise away.. I am going to replce...

94 turn signal repair
my 94 s10 blazer had the left turn signal spring fall out (didn't know what the spring was for when i found it near my feet, until noticing later on that the turn signal left wasn't cancelling)....
5
5

Intake Gaskets
91 K1500 5.7L 168K I am getting coolant leaks at the intake manifold. I am wanting to change the gaskets, but I remember a posting where there was a better/upgraded gasket set made. I just don't want...
4
4

02 2500HD
Well, I finally went and done it. Bought the 02 2500HD LS 4x4. 6.0 Gas. Crew Cab. Have been needing a good 3/4 ton truck to tow my camper, and the time was right financially, so jumped on one. Now,...
4
4

chevy/gmc dually
Hello: Looking to buy a 1996-2000 kc3500 series dually to pull a 2 horse gooseneck trailer. Can only afford one in the $15000 range. Most there have about 80,000 miles or so on them. any advice what...
32
32

not a chev but 4wd none the less HELP !
Working on an exploder 1997 and the fron is noisy. I know the fluid is laeking and low.. If I repalce the pinion seal and refill it with 90w does anyone think it will get quieter ?.. It isn't that bad...
1
1

> What is the horsepower and torque for a Chevy 350 cu. in. / 5.7 L?
the make and model is a 2 ton chevy truck , year 1988 5.7 L -- wanting to build motor for a bomber stock car- i need to know if hp will get me started? thanks
2
2

PING: Marsh and/or Iamn
Could one or both of you please drop me a line, I have yet another question for you about my T-Case? I know where the leak is coming from and have tried to stop it but it won't, so I wanted to see if...
2
2

Power steering nut?
I'm trying to r/r power steering hose on a 95 gmc k1500 (not hydroboost) and I can't seem to find wrenches to fit the hose nuts. 3/4" is too big 5/8" is too small.....starting to sound like...
7
7

is it possible to have vac leak in climate control cause lean fuel condition?
I am still trying to track down a lean fuel condition and I have checked and/or replaced almost everything. Again ­ the vehicle is a 95 Jimmy W series Vortec 4x4 (OBD2 switchover year). When I scan...
3
3