Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Questions regarding repair of rear cab mounts on 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 4WD short-bed pickup. The rear cab mounting brackets have rusted through and the rubber cushons or mount pads are falling through the steel brackets, which are...

2003 chevy 1500HD lighting issue
hi, i have a friend with a 2003 chevy 1500HD quadra-steer LT. the two rear brake lights are not working. the brake light on the cab is functional, and i also get 12v on the trailer brake plug, just...
11
11

I'am told I need motor mounts. I have a 1993 k1500 4x4 4.3L
I'm told I need motor mounts. I have a 1993 k1500 4x4 4.3L what parts do need to buy?
4
4

dome light comes on while car is parked
My 99 chevy suburban dome light will intermittently come on without a door opening and stay on until noticed or the battery dies! I've checked the switches and all work on a continuity check (haven't...
3
3

engine swap wiring problem
hi, im going to swap a 2000 6.0 chevy engine into a mercedes, but i dont know how to make the engine work only with the nesesary wiring, what i mean is that i dont know what wiries to use and witch...

Roller cam & rockers?
OK, so we're in the middle of a 383 stroker buildup and the question here is, roller cam or not? The engine is going to be used in a GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup which will be used mostly for towing...
3
3

universal performance ignition coil on a 4.3 Vortec
Good evening, Do any of you have any insight as to whether or not I can hook up a universal performance coil (2 power leads and one lead for a plug wire) to a 4.3L Vortec? I have been through 2 of the...
1
1

blower motor.
hey guys. im having a little issue with my blower motor which i thought you chevy gurus could shed some light on. i just put in a brand spankin new blower motor two weeks ago. it worked fin until now....
3
3

KYB Shocks
Has anyone here tried the KYB Monomax shocks on the 1500 Chevy/GMC. What do you think of them, any who has the best price. Thanks
2
2

1994 350/W air belt tensioner
How do I adjust the belt tension with the round tension housing? It has a bolt in center but am not sure how to utilize that. I replaced a waterpump and the belt seems too tight.
10
10

Tow/Haul not working on my '00 Silverado 2500
My tow/haul quit working about a year ago on my truck. Don't use it that much so never really missed it. Now, I am towing more and would like to use it? Any thoughts?
2
2

Cyl 6 Misfire
I have a Cyl 6 misfire and I have a few questions... To start, I just replaced all the plug wires with relatively high end Taylor 8.2mm Thundercores. I¹ve used these in the past and had very reliable...
2
2

Transmission: lost 1st and fourth same day
'93 K1500 Suburban 5.7 (460LE trans, I believe, too hot to check it right now) So I'm driving into town this morning, I gun it to get up a hill. It downshifts into first, we get up the hill, harsh...
4
4

ATV SPORTS QUAD
2nd Generation Full Size 200cc, performs like a 400cc. Quality construction surpassing Transport Canada standards allow for REGISTRATION to ride on Quebec trails. This Powerful Lightweight Water...

ABS questions
Out of lurk mode now. I've got a '99 Yukon 5.7 4x4 with the low speed, just before stopping ABS kicking in problem. Will make some stops OK. I know.... clean the sensors but shop manual says these...
5
5