Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1986 GMC Steering Column question
where can i find an exploded view of my 1986 steering column?
2
2

Tail gate hinges
Does any one have any info about tailgate hinges for '99 chevy k2500. It seems that these are of reduced quality and fail. I would like to replace the failed ones. Having the tailgate fall off in the...
6
6

sm-465 ?
my truck is an 80' chevy 4x4 shortbed 1/2 ton w/ a 350 and an auto. trans(th350) and i found a sm465 w/ everything i need to convert it over.. flywheel, shifter, brake-clutch pedal asbly, tranfercase...
1
1

Q-jet fuel well plugs leaking
A couple of other problems but not common are the carb being bolted to the intake with excessive torque and fuel well plugs leaking. If the carb is overtightened with the four bolts mounting it to the...
1
1

Oil pump - high flow?
Hi everyone! Just got my long-block from the engine builder today. need to get an oil pump for it and was wondering if I should go with high flow unit. Would it be more beneficial than a stock one? Or...
4
4

transmission slip
I have a 2005 astro with 40000 miles and the transmission slips into neutral after driving a couple miles. It feels like the clutch will not disengage. it is an automatic awd and wont go forward or...
1
1

TCI stall converter 1986 GMC 4x4
As a newbie in transmissions, what does lockup and non-lockup mean when referring to a stall converter. If a non-lockup converter is put on a lockup tranny (or vice-versa) what would the affects be,...
2
2

6.5 chevy diesel
Does anyone have any comments about a 95,3/4 ton chevy 4x4,6.5 diesel,and what do you think it is worth in good condition?? thanks
5
5

knocking engine sound
Hello everyone. My husband has a 2001 silverado and has taken it in numerous times because of the piston slap. We went to and by reading that and the old threads on here doesnt seem that GM has come...
5
5

blazer that won't start maybe a security system malfunction
My 2000 chevy blazer won't turn over, nothing. It used to do this occasionally but I could wait 10 minutes and then it would start. I think maybe something to do with the locking system since drivers...
2
2

VIN location on chassis?
1996 K3500, the tag located inboard of the right rear tire on top of the frame is missing, where else is the VIN stamped on the frame? Just need any one location, not all. I need to verify what year...

GMC Jimmy Hard Start
I have a 1998 jimmy that is hard to start and the other day I stooped to get gas and could not start it. It took me two hours to get the jimmy to start. I don't think it is a fule problem, the pump is...
6
6

Exterior Door Handle Replacement - 99 Suburban
Could use some help...it's my wife's and she was skeptical that I could fix it. Gotta prove her wrong: The exterior door handle on her '99 Suburban cracked. Bought a replacement and started tearing...
2
2

Re: Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink. Click, tink.
Replace the turn signal switch. Common problem.
3
3

Parts Source
Ok all, I am in need of a bearing and seal kit for my transfer case. Anyone have a good source for parts that will not rob me blind in the process?
1
1