Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

problem w/ my 89 chevy sub
im trying to do some front end work to this this but it sat for quite a while. when i tried to take the wheel off first the lugz gave me trouble, now the wheel just won't come off. ive never done...
2
2

Is the transfer case fluid completely separate from transmission fluid on 91 Chevy K1500? Also, what is the size of the filler & drain plug on the transfer case
Hi everyone, Is the transfer case fluid completely separate from the Automatic Transmission fluid on a 91 Chevy K1500 ? This is the transmission with 16 bolts on the transmission oil pan (I think the...
5
5

Tow Mode - Automatic Transmission
I have a 2004 Yukon and will be towing a 6 x 10 closed trailer about 1300 miles. Going, it will be loaded and I assume I use the Tow Mode on the automatic transmission all the time. On the return...
9
9

"Standard" rear axle size & spline # for 1998 Z71 K1500 ???
Does anyone _know_ if there is a "standard" rear axle size & # of splines for a 1998 K1500 Z71 Extra Cab pickup? Thinking about replacing open rear carrier with G80 or other locking differential and I...
1
1

dye'n radio and gauge dash bezel
i bought a 03 dash bezel that goes around the radio and gauges. the color is grey, but i have the shale color in my suburban. has anyone dyed or painted on of these before? can anyone suggest what to...
3
3

2001 Surburban Seat Belt Snafu
The tensioner(?) on my passenger side seat belt seems to be permanently locked when I buckle up. It won't loosen up when I try to lean forward, etc., HOWEVER....... the dealer said this is normal for...
5
5

Need '98 Aust Standard R/H Tail Light assembly
Hi Guy's, Am looking for an Aust standard Assembly,for '98 Chev Suburban. Red on top, Yellow in centre and clear on bottom. Not available local, maybe used from US??. Thanks, Don.H.
1
1

Jimmy fuel tank/pump/sending unit W series (pros may want to skip) - some thoughts...
I thought perhaps I could help save someone some time or aggravation if you choose to drop the fuel tank and swap the pump and or sender, etc. I did it this weekend so I will share some of my...
5
5

99 GMC Sierra- Spare Tire
I can't get the spare to drop on my '99 Sierra. I put all the pieces together, insert them thru the bumper, but I think the previous owner might have "stripped" the square connection inside the tube....
9
9

97 4x4 jimmy steering
I have a 97 jimmy with 180,000km and I can turn the steering wheel about 4 or 5 inches in either direction before the truck will turn. it has new front shocks and the ball joints are good also (...
1
1

Strange ABS/Rotor question????
Folks: My 93 G30 with HD brakes, has a bad rotor. I picked up a replacement rotor/hub, but it is a bit older and doesn't have the ABS pickup ring on the inside of the hub. Would it be possible to...
9
9

2000 Bravada question about changing locking rear axle oil
I have a 2000 Bravada that has the "hopping" problem during slow speed turns such as parking lots, etc. The transfer case fluid has been changed twice in 2.5 years, the last time being a year ago...
3
3

HELP-how do they size fittings????
Ok, I thought I understood it, but I guess not. Here's my deal: I was looking for fittings so i can replace my oil cooler lines with stainless steel braided. So I pop my fitting off the oil filter...
5
5

SBC 350 cylinder head?
Passenger side cylinder head on a 350 SBC. Anyone know what tool (and who make one) that fits the pipe plug on the passenger side cylinder head where a temp gauge sending unit might fit? Its some type...
1
1

GOD I Hate Blazers !!!!
Get the tranny repaired, all the brakes and axle seals. Never had the truck over 80kph so I never noticed the vibration and noise between 80kph and 95kph.. haven't had it over 100 so don't know if it...
5
5