Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

350 Oil Burning
I have a fairly fresh rebuilt 350 with forged steel pistons, rods, and mild cam. The problem im having is that idle when warmed up it will burn oil. Compression is good, no oil trapped in head. If i...
16
16

Oil Burning on rebuilt motor
I have a rebuilt 350 motor with a mild cam. It will burn oil at idle with one pcv valve. If you put in 2 it dont burn oil. Perfect compression. Wont do it above idle. What could this be?
4
4

Headers
Any help is appreciated, I have a 91 Chevy Blazer 2 door 4x4 350 5.7 liter. I was looking at buying a set of Gibson headers part #gp100s. I called Gibson directly the first time and the associate...
4
4

Two Fuel Pumps?
When I brought my vehicle in to have water pump/input manifold gasket/radiator replaced the other day, somebody commented that my fuel pump was making an awful lot of noise. My experience has been...
4
4

Eractic idle then stalls....any ideas?
Pulled a 305 TBI out of a 89 transam and put in my truck for fuel injection. Ran fine for awhile, but playing in the mud took it's toll. Had to rebuild engine. Put back in and now it won't idle in...
8
8

Re: Check out my new car alarm.
And if you leave it in the car you get arrested:)
1
1

5.7 Intake Manifold Gasket: Recurring?
Had to do the intake manifold gasket thing at 71k. Now it's 140k and the radiator's gone. But when they where checking the radiator, they noted that the intake manifold gasket was leaking. I guess I...
5
5

4L60 Pics and stuff for the transgo shift Kit
Link was getting too long so I started another one..

Lot's of free on-line books
i don't know if this has been posted before, but it is a good link t thousands of free circulars/books on-line. some busted links there but did find quite a few good ones. ' ( book 'AE in the Irish...

1996 hood release problem
The hood release cable on my 1996 Blazer broke - how can I open my hood? Thanks, Alison
7
7

93 S-10 Blazer 4.3 Exhaust Manifold
Can some one tell me if a TBI 4.3 exhaust manilold..will fit on a 4.3 Vortec cyl. head..mine has a crack on the drivers 's gonna be a job to change...probably have to take it out throug the...
3
3

onstar on 02 suburban and onstar interface for aftermarket radio
i want to install DVD/NAV into my 2002 suburban. i was told on this group before, that i would have to get a onstar interface. do i need to get this if i do not intend on using, and also since onstar...
4
4

140K: Steering Box Replacement?
98 'Burb K1500. At 60k, I had tie rods, engine mounts and a few other things replaced to recover that "new car" feel. IMHO it was a total success and well worth the money. Now I'm at 140k and it feels...
7
7

4l60e Eratci shift repair update
Well all.. 8 hours of cursing.. I dropped the valve body and installed a transgo shift kit which repairs sloppy shifts and bad line prs. IT WORKED !!!! tranny shifts like it should.. I feel all the...
4
4

Mushroom Tea as an...."ALTERNATIVE FUEL"
. . . I would like to volunteer my services (FREE OF CHARGE) . as shroom picker, to anyone interested in financing the endeavor...and even more importantly......anyone who can obtain government...