Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

tansmission problems
I have a '76 suburban been fixing it up. But a cupple of weeks ago i took it for a test drive and noticed it wasn't shifting in to 3rd gear.fyi engine 454 tranny 400 turbo)I had the trans rebuilt and...

Spark plug torque ?
Hi All, I have a 01-GMC 1500 4X4 5.3 ltr. and I'm planning to change the plugs on. Can anyone post the spark plug torque value in ft' lbe for me? Also if anti seize is used does one subtract from the...
3
3

1987 chevy pkup 2wd
emc fuse keeps blowing
9
9

What's that ground strap for?
Quick question, what's the ground strap on the back of the engine head for? (passenger's side) Mine's not connected to anything. Brian 93 CK1500 350 5.7 tbi
6
6

informal survey
I would like to take a informal survey with 1 being poorest and 10 the best. Follow the format and lets see where it goes. This is for all the cars you have owned Car years owned?new /used /...

98 K2500 Suburban Timing Question
I have a 1998 Chevy K2500 Suburban 454 (7.4L) with 108000 miles. I have been working on (what I believe to be ) some ignition issues. Originally it would cut out briefly when going up a hill under 30...
2
2

02 silverado front axle oil seal
I had my truck up on the hoist the other day and noticed oil leaking from the passenger side axle shaft seal/differential . Before I open it up what should I get for replacement parts, just the seal?...
2
2

Failed Valve Adjustment Procedure
As you may reacall, 93 1500 350 TBI issues. Engine idle nice, hesitates under load, poor power. Well, I tested EGR and PCV valves, installed fuel filter. No change. I got to thinking and reading that...
3
3

Headlights 2001 silverado
FYI Rarely do I endorse a product I purchased a headlight kit made by Painless wiring from JC Whitney after seeing a post on this newsgroup I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS KIT Item: 491455 HEADLIGHT RELAY KIT...
3
3

coolant temp sending unit blazer 1993
where is it? and how do i change it out? i have no reading on temp and this is supposed to be the problem. can anyone help ?
9
9

Programming keyless remotes
I have lost my keyless remote for my 2003 Silverado and have found sme (cheap) on Ebay. They all state the remotes come with easy, instructions for programming. How are these things programmed and is...
3
3

2nd. oil change
I posted a few months back regarding the oil change interval recomended by Chevy on an 07 4cyl Colorado. The book says not to change oil until the "change oil " displays in odometer. The truck was new...
4
4

2007 Chevy Siverado or earlier (Mirrors)
Does anyone have a wiring schematic of the exterior side rearview mirrors , driverside mainly? If possible could you forward me a copy. Hopefully the schematic will include the mirrors with the turn...
2
2

Bouncnig Gas Gauge
Sorry, Had computer porblems, let me try again. On my 1993 Chevy 350 TBI I got the lifter problem fixed. No flat lobe or burnt valve thank God. The push rod seat had come out of the lifter on the 7...
13
13

Radio Controls or airbag??
My wife has a 2001 Suburban and the antenna recently broke off. I thought that this should be real easy to replace, but was wrong as they have redesigned the whole thing. I bought a new base and...