Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

power loss
I have a 1990 chev p/u with a 4.3 and 135,000 2 wh drive. The engine runs good and has plenty of zip, but when on the highway doing about 60 mph, the vehicle loses speed and becomes very doggy. When I...
4
4

A 4x4 made by GM?
Hello all, I have checking out the GM website for a new vehicle. I currently have 98 Jimmy and I am use to having the "on the fly" change over to 4x4. I love the 4 lo when I get stuck, especially the...
13
13

help me identify my rear axle
I'm trying to replace my rear axle with a used one but I want to make sure I get the right one - is there a number on it or something that I could just give to a junk yard or some other way of knowing...
3
3

82 Diesel Suburban Transmission compatability?
Hey all, I have an 82 6.2L Diesel 4x4 Suburban with a bad auto tranny. I am in need of a new one, and am wondering what I should be looking for. Will a 400 turbo tranny work? Thanks. Geekdriver...
1
1

78 Blazer parts source?
My brother in law in Hawaii needs a place to order parts for his old truck. He does not own or know how to use a computer, he will need a paper catalog. Please post reply to this newsgroup. TIA
2
2

1998 GMC Suburban
my 1998 GMC Suburban recently started having wierd issues with the dome light. When the windows are in the up position and the window switch is hit to raise, the dome light comes on and stays on as...
8
8

Service 4x4 light comes on 2000 Z71????????
I just bought a 2000 Z71 107,000 miles off Ebay. I had someone there drive it and check it out. All seams fine.. I buy it and the owner drives it 800 miles to me in Tenn. from Minnesota.. Looks sharp...
5
5

Parking Brake Replacement '01 Tahoe
I tried to replace the parking brake shoes on my daughter's '01 Tahoe but couldn't remove the shoes. The opening in the shoes was too small to fit over the axle bearing casting. I was reluctant to...
1
1

1999 Vortec 350 ?
Ok, I'm considering a 1999 GM Vortec 350 out of a Yukon. Vin Code R for a engine swap project. Does anyone know what would be involved with running a carburetor on this engine? I'm aware of the...
16
16

rewards paid to "insiders"
Rewards paid to "insiders" with information on EPIDEMIC FLAWS in NEW cars or trucks coming off the assemblyline to dealers! YOU WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS! contact:

Remote activation ABS brakes?
Hi all, Vehicle is 1995 GMC Sierra 1500 4X$ 155,000mi. I bought it used and the brakes were marginal. The ABS module, master cylinder, and pads were replaced. Later, I replaced the rear wheel...
6
6

FA: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
for looking, please feel free to email with any questions. - Brad

92 2500 chevy 4x4
hi i have a 92 2500 4x4 Chevy and my 4wd dosnt work i checked the actuator and it work but i test for voltage at the plug and i have no power i checked the switch on top of the transfer case and i...
11
11

98 Silverado Z71 - NO G80, LSD???
I have the build sheet for this truck, but alas - no G80 locker. Can someone please tell me what other rear end options were available for a Z71 4x4 of this year? Surely GM would not build a 4x4 truck...
14
14

98 model emissions offline
Vehicle in question is a 1998 chevy S-10 Blazer. 4.3 vortec, with the LS package, whatever that means. And trailer package. Took it in for emissions test on Jan 31. Can't read, accout of three sensors...
7
7