Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 GMC 1500 5.7 Timming chain
How do you check for a jumped timming chain on this engine with no Dist.
2
2

Fluid Capacities or 2000 Silverdao
Does anyone now all the fluid capacities for a 2000 silverado, 4wd., 6.0, 2500 truck. I really need the specs for a complete drain of my transmission. I think it is around 14.7... But would love to...
2
2

Wiring in a brake controller
I have a Chevy Silverado 2007 2500HD Classic. I made a trailer: trailer has electric brakes. My truck has a RV receptacle and the trailer has a RV plug. I bought a brake controller. My truck manual...
3
3

02 Chev Express V6 Vortec keeps Quiting out of the blue
Hi Their My 02 Chev Exprss, V6 Vortec keeps having the same issues over and over. The Computer never shows any fail codes on the scanner. No one at the Dealer seems to know exactly whats the cause. It...
4
4

'99 Suburban - Keyless entry stopped working!
My keyless entry stopped working today and I assumed it was the battery. I replaced the both batteries in the keyfob and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks, Wayne

resetting change oil light
How do I reset the change engine oil light on a 2000 Montana?
9
9

2004 Sierra Speedometer Problem
I've had one episode recently of complete shutdown of the speedometer after watching it hiccup around 65 mph. The rest of the instrument cluster was fine as far as I know. The next morning it worked...
17
17

1994 GM headlight wiring conversion
I have a 1994 chevy 1500 series 4x4 with composite headlamps. The other day I received heavy front end damage from the result of a deer impact at 60 mph. After giving up finding a decent chevy...

Diesel Scan Tool
What is a good tool to use to scan 6.5TD 's ? We have a few 94's and a '93 that we use. I'm looking for a scan tool that can set IP timing and everything else that needs to be done as I try to make...
2
2

Upgrading headlight bulbs/01 GMC Sierra 1500
I would like to ask the groups advice/'experience on upgrading my OEM headlight bulbs to newer brighter and further reaching bulbs on my 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 5.3ltr. SLT. I find that my stock...
5
5

No heat
My heater blows but won't get hot, I have changed the thermostat twice, and the heatercore is not leaking. One hose from the radiator is cold, the other is hot. Any help would be very appreciated.
17
17

2001 silverado spark plugs
How the heck can I get the plug wires off they are seized on the plugs. I have tried various pliers to no avail. Do they make a special plug wire tool for this engine?
2
2

need help on 99 5.7 timing and p1345
I changed the intake gaskets and I got the distributor in exactly as the book says. Engine runs but reports P1345. Scan tool shows timing advance at 22 degrees and engine idles nicely after an initial...
22
22

Co is high - NOx is low
Well - these are the results of my emmisions test and I"m looking for what I should look at first to fix the problem...... HC : 1.25 HC limit is 1.6 CO: 58 CO limit is 40 NOx: 1.08 NOx limit is 4.5 So...
13
13

DIY bedliners -- and NOT SO recent experiences?
I have a trailer that I am considering spraying with bedliner. I have a decent 5 HP compressor. The trailer is here Its bed is somewhat rusted. I would remove rust with a knotted wire brush and...