Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Whats the Spark Plug Gap - 1995 K-2500 / 350 eng.
Whats the Spark Plug Gap for a 1995 K-2500 truch with a 350 engine? If it matters, it has throttle body, is a 4x4 with a manual tranny.

My 2000 Chevrolet blazer is extremely hard to start and misses bad at low rpm.
I've noticed nearly all of the vacuum hoses are collapsed, rotten, broken, and disconnected at one end. Will this vacuum hose condition cause my starting and rough running problem. Will you please...

front engine oil leak 97 s10 blazer 4.3
front oil leak 97 s10 15000 mi
3
3

Re: Silverado 5.3 liter stalled
found the problem , it was the fuel pump it had about 15lbs of pressure changed it runs fine happy happy happy
5
5

What's it Worth - Air Compressor
Ran across a little Thomas compressor (12VDC). Model 315CDC56/12H Price seems pretty decent, but its over 13 years old and its been used. I've got a knockoff that looks similar behind the seat of my...
1
1

Pros/Cons Alternate Thermostat
What are the pros and cons of higher or lower temp thermostats? About to change out the head gaskets and might as well put in a new thermostat while I'm at it. Mike D.
2
2

Transmission Question?
I have a 1991 4x4 s-10 Blazer 4.3 700r4 trans. I just bought a 1990 4x4 Chevy 1500 truck with a bad has a 350 engine.Will the trans. from the S-10 fit the truck.Hope someone here can help me on bobby

Pickup + Snow: Need 4wd?
All the cars I've ever owned, positraction would get me through almost anything and chains would get me through the other 1%. But when I lived in a warm climate, I had a '63 Chevy van and the traction...
2
2

Thermostats
Can anyone recommend a Good Thermostat mfg? Heres the deal, I have a 195 Stant that is running cool, 190. So I got a One of those fail safe thermostats. The fail safe one bounces between 185 and 210...
6
6

Removal of rear inner fender directly above tires (wheehouse) on a 1991 Chevy K1500 pickup
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton pickup. It's not a step-side where the rear fenders are on the outside, but a regular bed with the fenders on the inside of the bed. I have a couple of...

89 Blazer Full Size cranks, but won't start
89 Full Size Blazer, TBI 5.7L On first atempt when cold, acts like it wants to start, but then stalls. Every attempt after that all it does is turn over and over but never fires. -Plenty of gas, fuses...
1
1

OBD-II Question
I am having problems with my '99 Suburban and have had problems with my '98 Toyota so I bought the Harbor Freight OBD scanner, item number 98614. It works with my Toyota, but not the Suburban. It is...
1
1

Roof Rack Rust Prevention?
Been shopping for a replacement for my '98 Burb (roof rusting through at a couple of rack mount points) and, after crossing Toyota's FJ Cruiser, Ford's Excursion, and the Sprinter Van off my list (I'm...
2
2

DIsabling security start on 95 blazer
Our Blazer has some sort of security thing at startup.. the started won't engage unless you hit "unlock" on the key fob.. Anyone know if this can be disabled or something? Nothing in the manual about...
20
20

96 Tahoe power steering hose replacement
I need to replace the high pressure power steering hose on a '96 Tahoe. Do I need to loosen the large aluminum bracket that holds the pump and the AC compressor in order to do this? Or can I get a...
5
5

Questions regarding 4WD not engaging on a 1991 Chevy K1500 pickup
Hi everyone, My 4WD stopped engaging on my 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup. I noticed the 4WD light was not coming on and I ran the truck up on the bottom of a steep bank to check if it was not in 4WD or if...
9
9

Rant: Spare tire hoist and secondary latch..
Well, I had my first experience with changing the spare on my '04 Avalanche while out hunting the other day. Muddy and snowy oil lease road, about 60 miles off the main highway. Front tire sidewall...
5
5

'97 Chev. K3500 clutch master / slave clinders...
As many folks already know, the clutch master / slave cylinders used in the '97 Chev. K3500 and presumably other related models are essentially a defective design. The normal failure mode is a failure...
2
2

91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question
91 GMC Sierra ABS Brake light code question. I'm getting 6 short and one long flash, over and over. The brakes work, but I was told the code has something to do with the ABS and the number of flashes...
5
5

Remove steering wheel - 2000 Blazer / Jimmy
I need to replace the ignition switch on a 2000 Jimmy with a tilt wheel but I can't figure out how to remobe the steering wheel to gain access to the switch. Can anyone help me? Thanks Chuck
1
1