Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge
I live in area that I would need to order the exact parts needed to check the fuel pressure. I understand you adjust the pressure at the TBI itself. but do you cut the fuel line and install a gauge...
15
15

454 head stuck
Motor home with 454 head stuck on one side and can't get it off ....... like it is fried on......help! Any chance an epoxy was used for gaskets and it has sealed or "fried" it on? Suggestions how to...
7
7

PO740 code '97 Blazer
97 Blazer w/115k miles on it. Have this code po740 which is lock up clutch in the converter circuit. The trans. I have is 4L60E. Is this something I can repair myself or do I need to take her in....
6
6

97 Blazer Garage remote
The BLazer I resently baught didn't come with a manual. Does anyone know how to program the garage remote that is built into the overhead console?
4
4

Why dual filament bulbs on Silverado DRL's
I have been discussing this topic in another thread and there seems to be some confusion. Why is a dual filament bulb used on the daytime running lights on the chevy full-size vehicles? I have...
1
1

What to look for when buying a used Chevrolet Suburban 6.2 Diesel 1991 mod?
Hi! I´m thinking about buying a 1991 mod Chevrolet Suburban 6.2 Diesel, but I´m a little consirned about the quality of this kind of cars. The car has been driven 280.000 KM and has changed the...
1
1

99 GMC Yukon / Chev Tahoe H02S sensors
I have a 1999 GMC Yukon that is setting DTC P0140 and DTC P0160 indicating a lack of activity on the O2 sensors located after the catalytic converters. When I look under the truck (to try and go...
4
4

Override Montana Headlights???
I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana with automatic headlights. There are several occasions where we want the damn headlights OFF when the van is running. We want to drive through the Holiday lights in Des...
10
10

running codes on a 99 silverado
I have a 99 silverado can the codes be ran by shorting A & B on the ALDL?
1
1

P1416 Error Code 2000 Silverado
Hey All, Well, I am finally in need of some help here. Vehicle is a 2000 Silverado 1500 Z71 w/ 5.3 and 62K on the clock. Truck has been flawless for quite some time. While driving yesterday around...
5
5

EGR Valve on 1994 Chevey Blazer 4x4 with Vortec 4.3 l
Could somene tell me how easy is to replace the EGR valve on the 1994 Chevy Blazer with 4.3 l Vortec engine. Daughter got it checked at the dealer and verdict is EGR valve and O2 sensor. I will see...
4
4

TBI 305 : More Power?
How would I go about wringing a bit more power out of my '88 K1500 TBI 305? Short of scrapping it and going with a new power plant.....
20
20

WARNING!: GM CHEATING THOUSANDS
GM IS CHEATING THOUSANDS OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY, LEAVING MANY STRANDED & IN FINACIAL DIFFICULTY, WARRANTEE COMPANIES ARE GOING BANKRUPT TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH EXTENSIVE REPAIRS FROM FAULTY GM...
9
9

Transmission slipping when hot
I have a 1985 S10 Blazer 4 wheel drive 2.8 engine and it runs great as long as the temperature gauge is below 210, but as soon as I get stuck in traffic or on really hot hot days it seems like I'm not...
2
2

how to vacuum test a 1997 5.7L engine?
I'd like to hook up a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold of a 1997 chevy 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive pickup with a 5.7 L engine but it doesn't seem to have any port through which to do this. It is a...
1
1

2000 S-10 Blazer Torsion Bar Problem?
I've got a weird problem, maybe someone has some ideas? I have a 2000 S-10 4WD Blazer, that has had a strange popping noise for a good while. No one that I have taken it to has been able to hear what...
1
1

2000 Chevy Tahoe Dome Lights won't go off/come on while driving
I have a 2000 Tahoe that has a 1999 body with some 2000 additions. The 2000 Tahoe wiring diagram doesn't match nor does the 1999 completely so the Tahoe is a hybrid. The dome lights will come on...
3
3

'93 suburban wiring diagram
Gents I'm t/s ing the amp/rear door speakers not working but my chiltons book does not detail circuits . I expect the amp to be powered when the radio is turned on but it would help to have a diagram...

Tow Capacity for 89 3/4 ton chevy
I have an 89 chevy 350 with a 5 speed. what would you say its tow capacity is. i think its got the tow package, not sure.
4
4

88 GMC K2500 Stalling Problem
Hi, First, a little history- Last summer I had to replace the fuel pump in the tank.... not fun, but not too bad. I also replaced the fuel filter. It has been running good until this week. It starts...
23
23