Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Intermintent miss/Rough idle after overheating
I have a 1997 GMC Yukon w/5.7l engine, SLE package w/160,000 trouble free miles. During a trip to meet friends in Canada, my wife was driving and noticed the temp guage was pegged (260 degrees). She...
2
2

valve tappet or piston slap noise?
I have a 97 suburb (60,000 miles on this engine) with the 5.7l vortec. When it starts up cold in the morning(approx. 20F.) I hear a very load tapping sound ... load enough to hear it a block away.. it...

1999 jimmy 4x4 not working
Hi there,my front diff. on my Jimmy won't engage. The actuator is working. The cable from the actuator is connected. The light on the dash says it is working and the tansfer case is engaged. I can't...
4
4

poor mpg 02 blazer 4.3
i get really bad mpg on my 02 blazer 4.3 lt i get 12 i town and maybe 19 hwy any ideas why i get such bad mpg i only have a 13 gal tank it has been tuned and it doesn't seem to help? BAIN15
10
10

99 obs Tahoe - backfire through canister
For about the fifth time in three or four months, my 99 5.7 has backfired out the evap canister while cranking. Today, I went to start it hot, I it cranked for about a half-second then backfired. A...
5
5

Replacing serpentine belt 2002 S10
Can not get new belt on. Have double checked that I have right belt. No problem getting the old belt off and back on, so I know the routing is right althougg it's none too much slack either for an old...
3
3

Tahoe hot start problem
I've got a 2001 Tahoe , when a drive any distance and the motor warms up to temp if I stop for say 10 or 15 minutes and then go to restart it , it will turn over but it won't start unless I give it...
7
7

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3 Windshield wipers Question?
Can anybody tell me why my windshield wipers come for no apperent times they come on with just turning the steering wheel other times when I turn on signal lights?If it is the turn signal switch it's...
7
7

Way to hot 95 Suburban!
I have a '95 Suburban (K2500) with 120k miles. I have replaced the water pump, had the system pressure tested and flushed. The fan works. I am not losing any coolant. The oil does not have any water...
14
14

99 Silverado A/C trouble
I've never had my air conditioner serviced or fixed in all the years I've owned this truck! Finally a/c seems to be giving out. Will blow cold immediately after being switched on, but after an hour or...
1
1

700R4 vs. TH400
I have a 700R4 which needs to be rebuilt. I have been told that the tv cable on that particular transmission should probably be installed by a pro. I have also been told that the cost of rebuilding...
3
3

1998 Chevrolet - warm engine slow to start
I have a 1998 Chevy Suburban. I've fixed several problems with the vehicle and am left with two. First the vehicle starts great when the engine is cold but, the starter cranks very slow when it's...
3
3

2003 GMC 1.4 amp drain
My 2003 GMC Sierra SLE is a battery drain. Battery checks OK, but keeps discharging. I attached amp meter and began pulling fused looking for a reduction in the drain. Found that drain was reduced...
3
3

ABS pump going out??
Can some one tell me what the symptoms of an ABS pump going out are? My 95' k2500 is acting up. Sometimes when I'm at a slow speed like 10-20 mph and I apply the brake, I hear the pump and feel it in...
7
7

stupid cassette player in 02 gmc sierra
I am installing new after market stereo equipment in my 02 GMC Sierra. I have the bucket seat option which gives my that little console that has a tape deck and CD storage holder option. I want to...
3
3

Silverado Mass Air Flow Sensor
Hey guys, I believe I have been having a problem with my Mass Air Flow sensor fouling my plugs, is this something anyone here has seen before. The engine misses a little, lacks power under 2K RPM and...
9
9

changing coolant 97 K1500 350
I was going to replace my coolant today but I'm having trouble draining the radiator. There is a little white plug[?] with a tee type handle that I can't reach on or near the bottom of the radiator on...
1
1

02 silverado front axle oil seal
I had my truck up on the hoist the other day and noticed oil leaking from the passenger side axle shaft seal/differential . Before I open it up what should I get for replacement parts, just the seal?...
2
2

98 Silverado Z71 - NO G80, LSD???
I have the build sheet for this truck, but alas - no G80 locker. Can someone please tell me what other rear end options were available for a Z71 4x4 of this year? Surely GM would not build a 4x4 truck...
14
14

'00 GMC Sierra rear axle
For whatever reason my passenger rear wheel is set back about 3" further than my driver side. I have once loosened the U-bolts and hammered everything back in line and re-tightened and everything was...
7
7