Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Differences between 700R4 and 4L60E - question for transmission gurus
I've worked on everything automotive that I've ever owned, but there are 2 things I've stayed away from, automatic transmissions, and differentials. I think the reason I've stayed away from them is...
3
3

2004 Tahoe key will not turn in the ignition
We can't start the Tahoe because the key will not turn in the ignition. The wheels are straight, the emergency brake is off, the battery seems to have plenty of juice (when we swith the lights on they...
7
7

92 K1500 Regular Cab seat
Hello, I'm looking for a replacement seat for my 1992 Chevy K1500 regular cab. It currently has the standard bench type seat (red cloth) manual, the rear portion of the seat only moves forward to...
1
1

RPO Codes
I have a 99 GMC Sierra 1500 NBS, i asked my dealer for a list of the RPO codes and what they mean, the only thing i got was a print out with just the codes. I have found most all of them, these are...
4
4

95 CHEVY 6.5 TURBO DIESEL PROBLEMS
THE 6.5 THAT HAD A CRACKED PISTON.WELL WE INSTALLED A 94 6.5 IN THE TRUCK BUT WE CAN'T GET IT TO RUN RIGHT.WE INSTALLED NEW MARINE INJECTORS BEFORE WE PUT IT TRUCK WILL NOT IDLE RIGHT & HAS A MISS IN...
1
1

99 Blazer wont blow heat to floor
When I have the selector set to floor heat, the air comes out at the windshield exhaust as if I had the defroster selected. The 4 dashboard vents do work when they are selected, but I can never get...
4
4

1994 GMC Jimmy Hard time starting.
Has anyone had this problem hard time to start but when it starts runs with a rough idle , exhaust smells like sulfur. brought it to the garage says it is my fuel injection ,cost about $900.00 to fix...
5
5

Code 45
'87 Chevy G20 Van...1000RPM when cold, 15-1700RPM when warmed up, starts great, good vacuum, great power... Got a code 45 which is a rich condition(at the O2 sensor). What specific areas does everyone...
5
5

94 jimmy tailgate lock
tailgate lock just recently stopped working, tailgate and glass is in closed position what is the best way to remove the broken key lock ? thanks, John
2
2

gearing 92 K1500
Any comments on changing the gearing on a 92 Chev K1500 Pickup from 3.42 to 3.73 ? I know this is not much of a change but was wondering if any real benefit would be gained. Truck runs fair, has allot...
14
14

noise in the front--91 s10 blazer 4wd
91 chev s10 blazer 4wd-----have really annoying fred flintstone wheel or old logging truck sort of noise in front. It is like one would have from real big knobby tires, xept i do not have them on...
5
5

95 K1500 z-71 starter problem
Just put a new battery on due to the AC/Delco battery positive side mount came out of the battery and now the starter won't engage.......I can hear the solenoid clicking when I try to crank but the...
4
4

Front Defrential Problem 97 K1500
The passenger side bearing on the front deferential of my 97 K1500 seems to be going out. When I rotate the passenger side front tire (after freeing up the disk brake) I can hear a grumble and when I...
1
1

6.5 diesel coolant loss
My 6.5 needs coolant every week. Loses about a litre from the overflow every week. No leaks on the ground - no water in the oil. Where's it going? Into the cylinder?
3
3

RCD vs Fabtech
Ive been looking into getting a lift (maybe a 4" or 6") on my 03 silverado(2wd), for looks obviously, anyways my research has lead my too these two products, Fabtech seems to be a lil cheaper and...
4
4

Re: Service Engine Soon - 96 Chevy Truck
I would focus on the heater circuit first, first check the fuses for the o2 sensor, if ok you must get a wiring diagram to check the heater circuit to the sensor to determine if the sensor itself is...
5
5

2000 Silverado AC
Hi all, I bought a used 2000 Silverado and the AC has never worked. When i try turnning on the AC nothing happens (no light nothing), I tried hooking up power directly from the battery to the AC and...
28
28

S10 Pickup 3rd Door
I've got a 97 4X4 S10 ZR2 PU with drivers-side 3rd door. It rattles and is quite annoying. After looking at it, and giving the latches at the top and bottom of the door a shot of DW40, it appears that...

'83 C-10, wipers won't shut off
I have a half-ton 83 pickup, and the wipers won't shut off. I've disassembled the switch, cleaned and lubricated all the contacts, and the problem still persists. I can change the wiper speed...
1
1

Sulfur Smell coming from exhaust.
87 Chevy 350 EFI. Been noticing a strong sulur smell coming from the exhaust. Any ideas what could be causing this?
9
9