Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lucas Oil Stabalizer...motor blew 10 miles after.
I added the Lucas oil crap and my motor lost all oil pressure, and motor started knocking and chattering less than 10 miles after use...... coincidence?????????????????????
5
5

Remoteless Keyless Entry Search
I've heard of some GM (cadillac) vehicles that have a keyless entry system that does not require a remote. basically what happens is once you get within a certain distance of your car, a chip (or some...
4
4

DRAC Calculator
1
1

98 chevy s10 blazer acceleration is sluggish. PLEASE ADVISE
I have a 98 chevy s10 blazer with about 85,000 miles on it. It is the 4.3L vortec. I have noticed some sluggish acceleration currently with my truck. I know that this care has a recall with the fuel...
3
3

97 K1500 mystery "service engine soon" question
I've got a regular cab 97 K1500 with about 90K miles. Runs great! Every once in a while I'll notice my gear selector light is off, no tach, and no speedo (all other gauges work) then service engine...
7
7

PCV Valve on 2002 8.1L
This may sound crazy, but is there a PCV valve on a 2002 8.1L and if so, where is it located? The parts stores aren't showing a part number for it. Thanks
1
1

unknown codes
Hi anyone like to shed some light on what these codes are? U1026 Loss of Class 2 Communication with ATC U1041 Loss Of EBCM Communication. Truck is a '99 Silverado 4x4, 5.3l Codes were read with a Tech...
6
6

Adding Power Windows and Door Locks to an 03 Silverado
Is there any way to easily add power door locks and power windows to a 2003 Chevy Silverado that didn't come with them originally? Should I look for a totaled truck to pull out the door panels? Or is...
2
2

Wipers come on when using turn signals
Hi All, I have an 89 S-10 pickup and a 91 Blazer that both have the same problem. Most of the time the wipers come on when I use the turn signals. I hear this is a common thing and was wondering if...
5
5

2001 Silverado: Howl/whine in 4wd
I have a 2001 Silverado 1500 Z71 with the 5.3 liter engine and the automatic transfer case. It has almost 36k miles. When I put the transfer case into any 4wd setting (auto, hi, lo) I get a low...
3
3

Disable warning buzzer-beeper GMC 2003
I have a new 2003 GMC pickup. It features a warning beeper that sounds when the door is opened and the key is in the ignition. This beeper plays through the stereo speakers in the door. I want to...
5
5

NEOTEK Rotors
I just picked up some NEOTEK rotors from autozone today. They were one of the better brands they told me, at $38.00 a piece. I also got carbon metallic brake pads to with them. I hear many people talk...
2
2

Finding Code B2956
Hey Guys and Gals, I know this isn't a truck, but I am trying to find info on this code or any other info.. We are trying to get some bugs out of my sisters '97 malibu, we took it to a guy here in...

36" 22.5" tires on 83 GMC 3500
235/80R22.5 is the tire size, on 7.5" width rims. 9.2" tire width It LOOKS like they will fit with about an inch clearance to the front and rear in the front wheelwell. The back wheelwell is no...
9
9

vortec 4.3 serpentine belt tensioner
Hi, I have a question regarding the belt tensioner on a 4.3L HO vortec v6 for a 98 chevy s-10 zr2. I had it replaced last year with my serpentine belt which was getting cracks in it. Since then, every...
2
2

1988 Chevy V30 Production numbers
Reg cab, long box, dually. Was wondering if anyone knew how many of these trucks were made? Thanks.
1
1

Bad horn on 2000 Silverado... help
I've seen this on quite a few new body style Chevy's. One of the (2 I guess) horns goes out leaving a very weak horn. Of course, I'm just out of my warranty. It seems like it'd be a connection/bad...
5
5

1999 Tahoe 5.7 vortec supercharger
I am looking to install a supercharger on my 99 Tahoe w/o 4x4 , 5.7 Vortec. Anyone with experience on this or with suggestions with what works and don't?.....any ideas on namebrands? Who has the best...
9
9

Daytime Running Lights
Hello, I replaced one of the DRL's in my 2001 Suburban today with a standard 3157 bulb. I've seen several Chevy/GMC trucks on the road with one of these lights out. Since I've only owned my vehicle...
15
15

99 k2500 suburban rear disc brakes
hi, i need information on how to do a rear drum to disc conversion on a 1999 suburban k2500 (4x4). I need to know what master cylinder, calipers,rotors,and more important, where to get a caliper...
3
3