Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to open broken tailgate - 1993 S-15 Jimmy
Hi, The tailgate lock on my 1993 S-15 Jimmy is broken. A key fits in the lock. It normally is twisted CCW to release the glass, and is twisted CW to release the tailgate. The entire lock core is gone,...
6
6

Accidentally left the 4X4 on.
I have a '04 S10. I accidentally drove about 50-60 miles with the 4X4 left on. It was freeway driving 65 and under. The curves weren't such that I noticed any difficulty steering. I noticed when I...
10
10

Uneven brake wear - common?
2002 Silverado 1500, 1/2 ton, extended cab 4 door, 4.8 V8, 4X4, 4 wheel disks. Contrary to many posts here and at GMC forum I've been happy with pedal feel and impressive stopping power. Not happy...
9
9

Exhaust leak
I noticed a good sized crack (Actually 3 small ones that come together) in my exhaust manifold. I have a 1979 1/2 ton chevy surburban with a Mr. goodwrench crate 350 ci engine. My question is whether...
4
4

2003 Avalanche - Exhaust smell inside vehicle.
I've been getting exhaust odors inside my vehicle , but only when the heater or air conditioning is on. And not all the time. usually (but not only)when I've been driving for at least a few minutes...
11
11

HELP: disconnect GM heater hose quick-connect
I have a Chevy Suburban that I'm going to replace the rear heater core (leaks) but I have to disconnect the heater hose quick connects to it to remove it. I've tried to purchase a tool to separate the...
3
3

1980 K20 smog
I have a chance to buy a 1980 K20 pickup from the original owner. A slide underneath - A CAT?? Under the hood - AIR PUMP? EGR?? CHARCOAL CA?NISTER?? The sticker shows all that garbage has to be there....
11
11

Rochester 2SE Carb replacement
Hi, does anyone know about replacing the 2bbl rochester carburetor on a V6 2.8L. I'm looking to replace it with the holley 502-3 injection throttle body. I know it is a direct fit with the OEM...

DTC PO719 on "97 Chevy Sub C-1500
I have a 1997 Chevy Suburban C-1500 2 wheel drive with 125,000 on it. Can anyone tell me the fix for this DTC code PO719 - Torque Converter/Brake Switch B Curcuit Low. Just replaced power boost unit -...
1
1

ZR2 electric fan conversion?
Hey Gang, The little missez just purchased a new ZR2. Has anyone had any experiance with an electric cooling fan conversion or aftermarket fan and clutch. The noise from the stocker alone is worth the...
4
4

1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap
Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine?
30
30

IAT Sensor????
I have a 95 GMC Sierra 4x4 with the 350 motor. I can't seem to locate the IAT sensor, where the heck is it supposed to be? The manual just describes it, but dosen't give you an exact location... Any...
6
6

S10 Heater vent control
I have not had any air coming from the heater of my 92 S10 Blazer for months now. You can hear a load hissing (vacuum leak) in the vent control area on the dash. I went to a junk yard and got a new...
14
14

1999 Silverado - New or Old Body Style
When talking about the old and new body style of the 1999 Silverado, what is the difference?
12
12

95 Chevy G20 Van - heater core replacement
Noticed antifreexe on the passenger side floor mat. Bypassed heater, but it's starting to get cool here in Maine. Got some responces saying I have to remove entire dash - van does not have A.C. Got...
2
2

front end alignment (knockouts)
I was told by the mechanic that I needed to have the knockouts replaced so that they can give me a full front end alignment (62,000 mi). My cam is off by 1.7 degrees. I notice that the vehicle pulls...
3
3

Extended cab window latch
Have a 97 chevy extended cab. The latch on the rear side window is broken so I picked up a replacement latch. ($37 at the dealer.) Lubricated the portion that slides over the pin on the 3rd door and...
1
1

K1500 -88, fueltank/pump/sending unit
Hi! Have a Chevy K1500 -88 that has had some intermittent fuelpump problems over the last 6 months (has blown 3-4 fuses over the period). Now the truck died completely on me so I decided it was time...
5
5

98 Silverado crank/cam correlation
I have a 1998 Chevy with 5.7 Vortex (centralSFI)fuel system. Code p1345 Crankshaft/camshaft correlation keeps comming up have changed both sensors and disconnected battery a couple times to reset...
11
11

s10 2.8l valve lash adjustment
I am going to follow instructions as layed out in the haynes book to fix the valve lash on my 2.8l but it doesn't layout the valves. Can anybody tell me which are intake and exhaust valves?
2
2