Here is a good one

About 5 yrs ago a guy here in town took his chevy truck to the dealer with a bad motor. He got a crate 5.7 installed. Truck would always run hot, at highway speed it would overheat. GM dealer couldn't find problem, winter came and the truck had no heat, he thought it was a seperate problem. Eventually the truck got parked because of this problem. Couple days ago I drove by and he was outside. I stopped to ask him if he wanted to get rid of the truck. Thats when he told me the story, he thought it had a bad head gasket. I drug a battery down there and it started right up, sounded good, bought it cheap. Messed with it all day Monday but couldn't figure it out. He had installed a new radiator, fan, clutch and thermostat. I put a pressure gauge on the radiator and couldn't see any sign of head gasket. Finally gave up for the night and figured I'd check the heater out. Everything was working, all the flaps were moving but the heater core wasn't getting very warm. Took off heater hoses to verify flow. Water was flowing but cool and was gurgling, hmm. Thought then pulled water pump. Water pump was a conventional flow pump, not reverse flow for serpentine belt. Wow, I told the guy and showed him the old pump. I think he is going to whoop up on Mr Goodwrench. Just thought this was a not so funny funny story. FS 91 step side 4X4. 91K/ less than 2K on crate motor. New water pump.

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson