If Im going to bypas the internal cooler?

doesn't matter

> > bypass the cooler in the radiator > > > > I am going to install a cooler in my 90 k1500 700r trans. My question is, > on > > the radiator, which is the trans fluid return line. Top or bottom? > > > > Tia, > > Chris > > > > > >
Reply to
seeray

gary's theory, which i agree with, is that your stock cooler can actually become a "warmer", as the radiator is going to be warmed by the water.... i'd say that if you are externally cooled, bypass the radiator cooler..

Reply to
mac davis

You might try what I did. I found a spot in front of the radiator to mount the cooler, measured the space and bought the biggest cooler that NAPA sold. It is mounted right next to the A/C condenser.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

Steve,

Run the biggest damn cooler you can physically fit in there. I have a

26,500# GVW Hayden Ultracool installed on my 88' C1500.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Won't this cause problems in the winter when outside temps are in the teens? I would think in the winter you would want the fluid warmed by the radiator coolant.

Opinions?

DAve

Reply to
debruch

It warms itself up just fine as soon as the TC starts doing its thing. I run around 100* in the winter with a Hayden Ultra-Cool 26,500# cooler, bypassing the OE cooler. 88' C1500.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"