noisy air conditioning pump

when I start the truck, there is a loud rattle sound coming from the air conditioning pump. Sounds like a small marble rattleing around inside. Any ideas on what the issue might be? At first I thought it was just a squeaky belt so I applied belt dressing, and now this rattle occurs. Thanks.

Reply to
bncroll via CarKB.com

sounds like a bad a/c clutch bearing, which should be a sealed roller bearing type. take the belt off, and turn the pulley on the clutch by hand, if it makes the noise you've been hearing, you found the culprit

Reply to
187