Re: Re: 96 Blazer won’t_start!!_EDIT

"" wrote: > iknownothing wrote: > > I have a 96 S-10 Blazer... > > recently I had some trouble getting her to start in the > mornings (when > > it?s cold or wet?). Acts like it wants to....tries to turn > over but > > won?t catch. By the time I come home starts just fine. > Everytime I > > had someone look at it nothing was happening. Never did > anything > > except hope it would start. > > A few weeks ago it started happening again & I had a friend > look at > > it. He replaced a temp sensor? Said it was bad & that it > was telling > > the computer the truck was overheating therefore not > allowing it to > > start? Seemed to work (or at least help) but.... > > Now, for the past 3 days my truck won?t start! The battery > is almost > > dead from trying. > > I?ve heard everything from the starter to the fuel pump!! > > I don?t know what to do...I cannot afford to take it to a > shop or > > dealer! > > Please help! > > > > Do the basic diagnostics: > 1. Fuel/Fuel Supply > 2.Spark > 3.Air > 4.Compression > > If you are getting Fuel at the right PSI, and the injectors > are > pulsing. Move to Spark. If your getting spark, pull one or two > spark > plugs. Look for signs of fuel fouling. If you have good hot > spark, and > no fouling, move on to air & compression. > > Buying a factory service manuial, or barrowing one from a > library will > help you trace the problems. > Charles

Thanks for the help Charles! I know it is getting fuel & spark so I am just moving on from there. I have a mechanic friend...who has the manual for my truck, he?s coming over tonight to have a look at it. Thanks again!

Reply to
iknownothing