thanks for all input on repairing the drivers door hinges the pins have worn the hings holes eggshaped

thanks to all for the info . I just needed new bushings and a pin .I supported the door with a transmission floor jack and a block of plastic foam , had to remove door hinge Spring then hit the pin out and the replace Bushing . the worn holes in the hinges were just the bushing worn out . I did not deed not do the lower hinge I will try a valve spring compressor to get the spring back on Richard Brandstetter

> "Richard Brandstetter" wrote in

message

news:qEF5d.636121$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > > I am looking for input on repairing the drivers door hinges the pins have > > worn the hinges holes eggshaped . The hinges are welded to the door and > > frame. > > This is a Blazer S10 1991 > > I will get new pins and bushings . > > I will have to drill out the hinges holes for the bushings . > > Will I have to take the doors off and disconnect the power door lock and > > window wires ? > > How would handle this? > > -- > > Richard Brandstetter > >
Richard Brandstetter

Glad it was just the bushings and pin. There's a simple, inexpensive tool that'll do the job. Might even be able to get a free loaner at the local FLAPS. Here's what they look like:

StyxNStones®

thanks for the tool link

StyxNStones® > Glad it was just the bushings and pin. There's a simple, inexpensive tool

Reply to
Richard Brandstetter

I put mine in a vise, compressed it, tie wired it, installed it, snipped the wire and I was done.

Reply to
David Norris