Titan Tanks Discontinued 50 gallon tank Chevy Short Bed

Hey guys ...

I found out in a very expensive way that Titan Fuel Tanks ... do NOT make the 50 gallon tank for the Chevy 2500 Short Bed, 2 door cabin pickup truck (Silverado 2500HD).

They have the 34 gallon which is the same size for Chevy, however you have to deal with their Teck Support to fit it in, and maybe a $900 dollar adaptor kit (for the 2000 to 2003 model long bed and short bed).

If you keep or have to buy another Chevy tank it is much easier and good idea to have an expert install it if you are no spot on correct in knowing what to do ... as you can easily fox it up.

They discontinued making the large fuel tank ONE YEAR AGO ... and I am finding out about now, in the past 10 days .. as I have to return the 55 gallon tank they sent me in error.

Big problems with Titan on this one, and big problems getting it back and the refund ... also I have to ask for $440.00 for the installation fees that Chevy Dealership put on for the unpacking, assembly, and restocking of the wrong tank.

Chevy had to assemble the 55 gallon tank with the LB 7 adaptor kit and jack up the 70 pounds up to the truck to find it was 8 inches to big. Or 5 gallons to big. There was not enough room between the rear axle and the transmission transfer case to put the fuel tank up there.

So if you want a Titan Tank ... do your homework.

I do not think a Short Bed 50 gallon fuel tank is available from them at all for Chevy and maybe all the short bed vehicles on the road.

I hope I am wrong.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane