Touchy Brakes on 1992 GMC Sonoma

My brakes are very touchy and lock the wheels when cold or wet or even when it is dry (worst when cold or wet). It does not seem to pull either direction, but throw you through the windshield. I was wondering is anyone had experienced this problem. I am suspicious of bad calipers or bad brakes lines. Smitty

Reply to
tsmith

What wheels, front or back? Rear disc or drum?

It sounds to me like you may be leaking brake fluid. Nuttin locks up wheels faster.

Only time I have trouble with calipers is when they refuse to let go. My Camaro caught fire recently from a locked up caliper. Had to limp it home 7 miles locked up....good thing I had a fire extinguisher handy...

Charles

snipped-for-privacy@st> My brakes are very touchy and lock the wheels when cold or wet or even

Reply to
Shelldigger