win aldl

You're right. However it makes no difference because by this time the rocker arms have been removed.

Reply to
nonsense

I have in the "old days" removed the spark plug and inserted a soft 1/8 inch cotton closeline rope into the cylynder and rotated the piston up against the vave to keep it from dropping while installing valve seals. always worked. old john

Hello, SnoMan! You wrote on Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:19:51 -0400:

??>> Hi snowman and thanks for your time, interestingly the last m.o.t test ??>> showed hydro carbs as 1196 ppm, and the test limit is 1200, however ??>> the engine does use oil, but its only via the valve stem seals, do you ??>> know where i could get the tool to do the seals without taking the ??>> heads off?

S> Valve seals are pretty easy to do with head on. You need a adaptor S> plug to screw into spark plug hole and then hook it to a air S> compressor and give it the equivelant of about 120 PSI or so. THis S> will keep valves firmly in seat when you remove rocker arms and use a S> valve spring compressor tool to remove keepers and springs. BTW, you S> want to rotate engine to about TDC for the cyclinder in question/your S> doing to unload liters before you remove them. Also this places cam at S> proper agle to set lash which should be zero plus 1/2 to 3/4 turn.

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman