05 TL w/ Navi quote - Good price???

Hi everyone. I am in Canada, and I am in the market for a 05 TL with Navigation 5 AT. The dealer quoted me $44000 including delivery/PDI (the
sticker price is $45,500). Taxes are on top of that of course. Is this price good? or they're taking me a ride? Your help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
Given that delivery/PDI is $1200, I'd say they haven't moved much. If you pay that price, I'd at least look for them to throw in the floor mats, trunk tray, locking lug nuts, and touch-up paint - of course, that's what I'd want, your list would be different no doubt. MZ 98 TL

Thank you for your response. You are right about the $1200 delivery/PDI. I think the floor mats are included as standard equipment. I really wanted to know the dealer's invoice, that way I know what number games they're playing. I wonder what others paid for the exact car?

In 2000 I got the dealer invoice price and reasonable mark up price from Consumer Reports (online version). There was a $10 charge for it back then. It's $12 now (bottom of the page from the link below). The Acura dealers were playing pretty tough when I bought a 2001CL-S. It was the first year of the redesign CL and was only out for a few months. I got them to come down but not much.
I did much better on my '91 Accord, also with CR but hard copy, a buying it at the later in the year, I think October.
"Buying a new car: 5 steps to getting the best price" http://www.consumerreports.org/main/content/display_report.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id@2467&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id89451&bmUID 16552209760
Good luck and I hope you get what you want for a reasonable price.

... wrote:

~$1500 discount? Basically, the dealer is just waiving the freight/PDI, a pretty standard discount, IMO. Depending on the time of year, inventory, availability of colour, the dealer should be able to discount another $1000-$2000.
When I was shopping for a TL last year, I got a quote for a 04 TL w/o Navi from a car broker for just under $40K. Most dealers will match the brokers price.