92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Acura offered a factory alarm (security system) in 1988. My 89 legends both have it (it wasn't an option on L and LS) No keyless entry until 1991, I believe. Unlocking a door with a key disables the alarm.

Reply to
Jafir Elkurd

I think from her name (Vigorgirl) she probably owns an Acura and this is her second car.

Reply to
blk knight

I just bought an RSX Type S. Is putting body side molding on it to protect it from door dings a stupid idea? If not, what product would you suggest.

Thanks, Drew Faber Long Beach, CA

Reply to
Drew Faber

Additional info: The car from 2002 and is silver.

Reply to
Drew Faber

"Jafir Elkurd" wrote in news:HgS2e.2957$Qz.190@okepread05:

What if someone slim-jimmys the door? It's just like unlocking it,unless there's a switch on the key cylinder going to the alarm.The "door-open" switch is on the door frame. That's what happened on my 94 GSR when they stole the ECU a couple of years ago.(had no alarm then)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

There is a switch on the cylinder - true on every power door lock I know of. My '84 Nissan 300ZX with factory alarm would alarm if the driver's door (or any door) was opened without the driver's door being unlocked with the key. Unlocking it from inside would not disable the alarm.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"tegger5" wrote: > "TeGGer®" wrote in > news:Xns9628E1B072BFFtegger@207.14.113.17: > > > k-maui < snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com> wrote in > > news:1_513899 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com: > > >  >> strange day... >  >> returned to parking lot to find my brake lights on, > but no one in the >  >> car. >  >> never had this problem before. >  >> eventually pulled out all the fuses, one by one, so > as not to wear >  >> battery out overnight. >  >> oddly, the brake lights stayed on through all fuse > pulls. >  >> had to disconnect the battery for overnight... >  >> is this problem due to a short? >  >> >  >> any thoughts, >  >> k >  >> > > > > > > > > YOUR FLUID IS LOW! > > > > Check the master cylinder under the hood. > > > > Also check the brake pads. They're surely worn thin. > > > > > Eh, sorry. Misread: BRAKE LIGHTS on, not dashboard light. > > Brake light switch at pedal is stuck. Unplug to confirm. > > Fuses that control this are #30 and #37 under hood on right > shock tower. > (Pull 37 first). > > -- > TeGGeR® > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

this is a great place thanks for the knowledgeable responses you guys were right...the switch had dislodged fixed seemingly easily.

you know..i had no idea there was a fuse box under the hood..this also led me to the fuse concerning the passive restraints (the driver side conked out a while ago..i kind of gave up on it, and got used to doing it manaually.

thanks much for the help and advice mahalo k

Reply to
k-maui

"tegger5" wrote: > k-maui wrote in > news:1_514506 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com: > > > found two strange switches under my dash > > one is a small red push botton > > one is a 2 way toggle > > > > any ideas as to what these are. > > > > Not factory, that's 100% for sure. > > > > > > i think my car (purchased used) had/has an alarm > system...are these a > > part? > > > > > Could be. Honda never put them there. > > > -- > TeGGeR® > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

thanks for the responses

thanks for clarifying that it?s not a honda/acura factory option no...do not have remote start, it must be part of the alarm system. i will reconnect the alarm just to see what the deal is..fortunately..havent needed the alarm much...i hope to remain so lucky

thanks again

aloha from maui k

Reply to
k-maui

k-maui wrote in news:1_514945 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

Hey, any time.

I was in Hawaii with Mom and sister in 1985. Drove a moped around Oahu twice. Also took a guided tour of the Big Island.

There was a guy in the west end of Honolulu renting a Ferrari 308 for $200 per day. I wanted to rent it but my sister refused to go halfers, so it never happened. We rented a Jeep instead. Too bad.

Mom and sis went back again in 1987. Rented a Volkswagen Cabrio. Went to Maui.

Reply to
TeGGer®

I have an 04 RSX. I am not sure what you are considering as body molding, but I would think that anything would just look out of place. I have none, by the way. I do have a door ding that a stupid a@@hole did a last week. However, I will be able to "pop it out" from the inside (taking out the door panel). Anyhoot. I try to park as far away from other cars. This helped (until last week, however).

Ice

Reply to
Frank

I'm considering a lease on a new '05 MDX. Anyone have any opinions on this car or other vehicles in it's class? What should I be paying for it in the NY/NJ area?

Thanks in advance for any input. John.

Reply to
John

If your RSX is still under warranty, Acura will replace it for free. It's a miserable job to do yourself.

Reply to
DaveL

I have it's mechanical twin (Honda Pilot), and any complaints would be minor at best. You may have heard that this vehicle doesn't really excel at anything, but it's not deficient at anything either, and that is pretty much true. I've drive other SUVs that steer more precisely, just about all of them brake better, others have better off-road capablility, others ride better, but all those also suffered other drawbacks you won't find in the Honda/Acura line.

For specific complaints, I do hate the gear selector, but I think it's different in the Acura. Leather seats on the Pilot are holding up so far, but they aren't in my '02 Acura or any other Honda/Acura I've owned. They will crack no matter what, but keeping them treated helps delay the inevitable.

You may want to look at the Pilot before jumping into an MDX. They're the same vehicle and Acura charges several thousand more for a different body style. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra $$$.

Reply to
Tom

I have it's mechanical twin (Honda Pilot), and any complaints would be minor at best. You may have heard that this vehicle doesn't really excel at anything, but it's not deficient at anything either, and that is pretty much true. I've driven other SUVs that steer more precisely, just about all of them brake better, others have better off-road capablility, others ride better, but all those also suffered other drawbacks you won't find in the Honda/Acura line.

For specific complaints, I do hate the gear selector, but I think it's different in the Acura. Leather seats on the Pilot are holding up so far, but they aren't in my '02 Acura or any other Honda/Acura I've owned. They will crack no matter what, but keeping them treated helps delay the inevitable.

You may want to look at the Pilot before jumping into an MDX. They're the same vehicle and Acura charges several thousand more for a different body style. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra $$$.

Reply to
Tom

Some say the Acura dealerships have better coffee.

Reply to
Bruno

How easy is it to steal a 2002 RSX Type S? Should I get a steering wheel lock? I did get Lojack.

Thanks, Drew Faber Long Beach

Reply to
Drew Faber

MDX comes with more air bags as standard. They protect you from every where in side the car.

Reply to
Nick

Hey guys. Seems like my cabin smells musty at times. It smells the worst when I turn the A/C on, but a lingering "musty-and-leather" unpleasant odor seems to be present more often than not. I have cleaned out the cabin (powerwashed the damp floormats) and I vacuumed out the 2 cabin filters (they do need to be replaced and were dusty and gross, but I don't think this accounts for the smell... plus I Lysoled them...). Anybody have any ideas? I'm currently masking the smell with an air freshener... I have heard that A/C evaporator cores can get fungusy or drain hoses can get plugged... where are these located on the RSX? Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul S

gts

it might be your..

  1. main relay (~)
  2. ignitor (~0)

But there may be other probs too. These 2 I have heard from other people before. If you check some owner based forums, you might be able to coorelate more symptoms.

hth

Reply to
James S