Re: 92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

replying to John , Susanne wrote:

I also have a 91 Acura Integra with this same issue. The heater works but the blower does not. The cigarette lighter and radio do not work either. The problem started as intermittent but after a few months, the blower and radio quit completely. They both started back up for a short time on a very hot day (101.7°) last summer. I don't know if the heat / expansion was a factor. I am coming up on winter and could use the defroster. I wondered if anybody had solved this mystery. Susanne
The D4 light on the dash started blinking recently, along with the speedometer acting strangely (like randomly dropping to 0 mph while I'm driving 40. Apparently this is due to the speed sensor going bad, which I guess is not uncommon.
How difficult is this to replace?
Thanks for any advice.
-Gary
I have exactly the same problem. Same year and model, same indications. It is intermittent for now.

speed sensor. how difficut is to replace?
Have to replace the heater blower motor in my 95 Integra GSR. Is this a challenge to change? -brian
On 13 Sep 2004 00:47:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BCLedfoot) wrote:

I haven't done an Integra, but in my Legend the blower is above the passenger's feet. Remove one plastic cover and the blower comes out with 3 or 4 screws. Very easy.
Hi i was reading your response about the location of the blower motor, i am in a similar situation except i'm working on a 90 integra. I've found the motor and removed the screws, but cannot seperate the motor (rod?) from the actual fan part.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:04:09 -0500, "ihatemyacura"

The fan should come out with the motor. The fan is held on to the motor shaft by one nut. You should be able to hold the fan and loosen the nut.
I have a 2004 Acura TL. I wish to install a trailer hitch for the sole purpose of installing a bicycle rack? Availability is a problem. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few trailer hitch sites with no luck.
The TL is not rated for towing. Towing may void your warranty. I don't think there is a hitch because Acura does not want one on the TL.
Because of the rear suspension geometry, there is rapid wear on the rear tires with a heavy load of rear seat passengers or in the trunk. I am guessing that a towing load would exacerbate that wear.

"Xpditor1" wrote: > The TL is not rated for towing. Towing may void your > warranty. I don't > think there is a hitch because Acura does not want one on the > TL. > > Because of the rear suspension geometry, there is rapid wear > on the rear > tires with a heavy load of rear seat passengers or in the > trunk. I am > guessing that a towing load would exacerbate that wear. > > >
> > >I have a 2004 Acura TL. I wish to install a trailer hitch > for the sole > > purpose of installing a bicycle rack? Availability is a > problem. Does > > anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few trailer hitch sites > with no luck. > >
these guys claim to have developed a hitch for the TL
http://www.all-acura.com/ftopict-969.html
I?m considering buying a TL but have the same issue as many owners. I don?t want to install a roof rack on a new car.
Id?l also be curious to get feedback on the car -- comfort and performance are my key areas of concern. I do all long distance highway driving. Oh yeah, and gas mileage is bcoming more of an issue too.
Anyone:
Has anyone installed a turbocharger on a Generation 3 (94-01) Integra? Did you have a good experience or was it more trouble or less effective than its worth (cost to purchase)?
Troy
Troy Lumley wrote:

Check out the forums at: http://www.honda-tech.com/

Putting a turbo on such a hi-compression motor as the 94-01 GSR would make a motor that requires super-high octane,and may not last very long,or not make a lot more power.I suspect boost would have to be limited.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Of course, compression ratios can be changed... The higher the PSI you desire, the lower the compression ratio pistons you will need.

The OP appeared to desire a bolt-on application,not go into major motor mods.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

I didn't see anything that would indicate a reluctance to change the pistons...
Do you have any idea how common turbos and superchargers are for Hondas? It's really the most cost effective way to make power, after Nos and way cheaper than bolt-on mods dollar/HP.
--
http://haywire.csuhayward.edu/~jwells2

Some turbo installs ARE bolt-ons(DIY),and some aren't. When you get into changing pistons/rods/heads and internal mechanicals,the costs and trouble go way up.And requires more skills and perhaps specialized tools.
A good guide is the more power,the greater the complexity/difficulty,and cost.The question is;how much and how far is the OP willing to go? Both in terms of desired power,effort,and cost.
Obviously,the OP has not done his research,and instead is looking for opinion on this NG. Not too wise.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

replying to Troy Lumley, Mr. Riddlez wrote: Its been hell with my 91 acura b20b turbo because it's an obd0 which is the worst to run turbo plus my blower just stopped functioning and the blower motor is brand new so dont go turbo