1998 Audi A8 4.2 - Heated seat doesn’t cool -car won’t start

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what happened with my A8. I just bought it two/three weeks ago, and on Friday was driving home and had the heated seat turned on. About half way there, I turned it off, but it didn?t cool, and stayed on the entire way home. I started to wonder if there was a problem, but had some issues at home to deal with and didn?t give it too much thought.

The next day I went to start the car and it is completely dead. The keyless entry won?t even work. My guess is the battery is completely dead.

So if I jump start it today, will the heated seat likely go on right away?

Do I need a new battery at this point?

Does the heated seat draw off the battery even if the car is off?

Reply to
bigschweeler