Latest threads in Audi Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Painting alloy wheels
Has anyone got any comments on painting alloy wheels with Hammerrite paint to minimise corrosion

'98 A6 Q Wagon - antifreeze smell
Occasionally smell antifreeze in the car (passenger compartment) - is there anything besides a 'broken' heater core that can cause this? Long version: - noticed this past winter that the engine temp....
2
2

Audi A6 quattro 95 tire size.
My Audi A6 quattro 1995 currently has tires of the following size: 205-60R15. The user manual for this car as well as tire rack lists 195-65R15 to be the factory installed tires. The rims seem to be...
4
4

Air Bag Warning Light 1.9 Audi TDi
I disconnected the battery on my 1.9 TDi 2003 Audi while changing the timing belt. I now find that I have a Air Bag Warning light on all time. Any easy way of resetting or do I have to go to my local...
1
1

Steering wheel wobble at 50 MPH in 2002 A6 Quattro
Hello, I have been trying in vain for nearly 18 months now to resolve a steering wheel wobble problem on a 2002 A6 2.7T Quattro. The wheel never wobbles below 45 MPH or above 55 MPH. At 50 MPH the...
3
3

Audi A6 (V6 2.6) 1995 - strange swishing sound after timing belt change
After a recent timing belt change, I'm getting a strange swishing sound from the engine when the engine is cold - about once a second at idle, increasing with engine speed. It disappears when the...
7
7

1997 A6 Quattro, good car???
I have a chance to buy a two owner 97 A6 Quattro with automatic trans for $4500. It has 134K miles and only a few minor body dings. It has Bose audio, moon roof, almost new Michelins, memory seats and...
4
4

service manual w/circuit diagrams
Does anyone have a suggestion on a service manual for 01 audi TT that includes circuit diagrams or addresses the servicing of electronic issues?
1
1

Re: Audi vs BMW vs Volvo
I'll try finishing my post before sending it! Can't speak for BMW or Volvo but there isn't much difference between the maintenance programs of Audi NA and turbo engines. The Volvo is a step down in...

Audi vs BMW vs Volvo
I'm short and retired. I polish my cars frequently. So, when looking for a low (I can polish it without having to get up on a ladder), short, functional car, I've narrowed my shopping to three wagons...
10
10

'04 Audi A4, any pervasive issues?
I am looking at purchasing a 2004-5'ish A4.... anything in particular I should be on the look out for? Any pervasive issues with this model year (recalls, major repair issues etc)? Any scheduled...
4
4

1999 2.7t
I checked the model guide at AudiWorld. The first year the 2.7t engine was used in an a6 was the year 2000. You state you have a 1999.
4
4

Audi A6 2.7t tiptronic - radiators troubles
Hi I own an 1999 A6 2.7t that needs a new radiator - easy you'd think - however the part supplied turns out to be smaller, or actually shorter than the original part and so does not fit properly...
2
2

1992 Audi 80e automatic. Oil warning light came on and power lost
Driving normally when oil warning light came on. Added 1 ltr of oil and commenced driving again. Oil warning light came on again and engine noise apparent. Further ltr of oil added. Drove on. Car...
1
1

1999 A4 2.8 Quatro Amplifier Location
Can anyone tell me where the amp for the rear speakers is supposed to be located?
3
3