Latest threads in Audi Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A8 stalls, check engine light constantly on
Hi, yesterday I was driving down the road after going for appr. 25 miles and the engine stalled all of a sudden. There was no noise or any other sign of problems. The car just shut off, radio and...
3
3

02 A4 quattro 1.8 turbo steering problems
It started with a steering leak at the stearing rack,also intermittant hard steering even with fluid full.I replaced rack(purchased rebuilt from dealer so i would not have any problems,it cost over...
1
1

Balance weights affecting traction control?
Just had two new tyres on my A3 and they balanced them with steel weights, not lead as they are toxic and not allowed to be used any more incase anyone eats their wheels! Since then my ASR light...
15
15

A6 1.9tdi cutting out (2001 Avant)
Hi All,I have an annoying problem on a number of occasions..When i put my foot flat to the floor to overtake a slower vehicle,the engine splutters and dies down to safe mode (1100 revs)to get me home...
1
1

washing the engine
has anyone ever washed their own engine? if so is there anything i should be careful of doing?
9
9

machine the engine
im planning to wash the engine on my audi, but i wanted to know if there's anything to watch for?

Hard to start A4 with motor warm
Hi again, As indicated in subj line, my A4 (Avant 1,8 TS, MY2001, though chassis 8D - same as B5 saloon, motor variant AJL) requires the starter motor to turn over for ca 15 seconds before I get...
6
6

A4 1,8 TS coolant temp reads low
Hi all, My 2001 A4 Avant 1,8 TS (8D chassis, corresponding to B5 saloon, motor variant AJL) used to have coolant temp at a consistent 90C (is that 192F) during suburban driving, ambient temp between...
10
10

2000 A4 Airbag Light
Does anyone know if it's normal for the airbag light to come on only when there's a passenger in the rear? I have front and rear side curtain airbags and thought maybe something was being disabled due...
9
9

1987 Audi 5000 Oxygen Sensor -- OEM vs Universal...
In 20 years I never replaced the Original Oxygen Sensor and the car recently flunked the California Emission test by a small margin. I am debating whether I should get the higher priced OEM sensor or...
1
1

Error Code Reader 1993 Audi 90
So I have an OBD II to OBD I converter cable. Does anyone know what code reader is the best for me to purchase? Something under $100. Thanks
1
1

concert 2 cd player
I have just upgraded from a Concert Radio,to a Concert 2 CD player on my A6,does anyone know what plugs into the brown coloured terminal on the rear of the Concert 2 player?Any help please. rgds...
4
4

A3 2.0 TDI DSG - Launch Control?
Hi, I have recently picked up a 2004 A3 2.0TDI DSG - its fantastic! In the handbook, it mentions the Launch Control procedure. In the small print, it mentions that it is available on 6cyl DSG engines...

1990 audi V8 Quattro problem
I was driving my car home today and it was running really well then all the sudden i got an anoying beep to look up and see the little oil can light come on then my car just totally shut off. is this...
14
14

2002 A6 Alarm
Is there anyway to replace the stock alarm horn on a 2002 A6 with a louder version? If so, how and with what? Thanks! John