Latest threads in Audi Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 A3 brake pads - cost to replace?
Any idea how much a Northern UK Audi dealer might charge to replace brake pads, as my warning light just came on. The car has done 65K miles. Not sure whether I should just take it to an independent...
8
8

87 Audi 5000 Radiator Fan operation suspect
My radiator fan is not working in all three speeds anymore. Somtimes it does not come on at all. Looking at my internet parts store, I see a an Engine Temp. Sensor advertised as follows: "There is 2...
2
2

Consumer Reports
I'm giving the A6 some serious consideration but Consumer Reports indicates a bad grade for the engine. They didn't specify which one but since they didn't give the A8 a bad report for the engine, I'm...
12
12

Fuel injector seals
My 200 has a hard start issue and I'm suspicious the injectors are leaking. (Cranks a long time and when it does start the exhaust smells and looks rich like it was flooded.) I'm curious if replacing...
3
3

concert cd player
I have no operating manual for the cd/radio. Sometimes when I switch it on all speakers work. Sometimes when I switch it on , only the rear speakers work. Is there a setting (not the fader) or do I...
1
1

98 Audi A6 steering problem.
My '98 A6 has absolutely no power steering. I am unsure whether I need to replace the pump or the steering rack...does anybody have any suggestions which it could be? Thank you in advance. Mike B.
1
1

Rear shock removal Audi 200
Does anyone have a good alternative to purchasing the $90 Hazet tool for removing the strut from the spring assembly. I don't do this for a living otherwise I'd buy one. If anyone has BTDT without...
5
5

FS: Manuals Audi 5000
Audi 5000 manuals; Bentley 1984-1988 official factory manual, Haynes Audi 5000 1984-1988, AllData 1982-87 CD automotive repair info All for $50

A6, 2000, 1.8T, Water ingress, Wipers, Windows & other Woes....
Background...... Around 6 months ago, I reported on this newsgroup, deep water (about 7cm) in the RHS front and rear floor pan after a spell of rain. This resulted in the loss of a considerable number...
3
3

A3 : Rear Brake lights staying on!
Hi there Can anyone give me some advice on this: I've got a 2001 A3 1.8T. I got out of the car earlier and noticed that the rear brake lights on remained on. I've checked the brake pedal to check it...
2
2

no TT
TT --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from =- Shemes.com :: Home

Audi R8 Cappello/McNish P1 at Houston Grand Prix
I thought you all should be the first to know, #2 Audi R8 wins the American LeMans Series at the Grand Prix of Houston tonight! Just got back from the race here in Houston, and enjoyed it...
6
6

'99 A6 2.8 Mirror Problem
The auto-dimming review mirror inside car stays dark during daylight hours as though there are headlights shining on it at night. Is there a malfunction requiring replacement or is there a simple...
1
1

87 Audi 5000 overheating
After detecting white colored sludge in the overflow reservoir, I cleaned and flushed the radiator coolant. Now, in stop-go traffic, the car still overheats occasionally. I am speculating that the...
2
2

Electrical problem - anyone else had this?
I have an Audi A6 4.2 Avant, '99 model year, and I wondered if anyone could please suggest the source of an electrical problem I'm having... A couple of days ago I tried to adjust one of the door...
13
13