Audi salesmen arrogance, is this typical?

--------------cut

I've bought 3 new cars and never received any real arrogance or bad treatment while shopping anywhere, except way back when I was really young & didn't know how to shop (and they could tell I was borderline on being able to buy, just by looking at me... :) )

-----------cut

Not even the above should ever happen! And your undertstanding is misplaced here. No one should know how to shop and no salesman could ever estimate the customer by looks.

It happened to me in say 1975 when shopping at variuos BMW dealers. I was dressed poorly -which I always do when free- and one salesman said 'they're expensive cars you know!' I just walked out and never bought a BMW. I did buy 14 Audi cars afterwards.

Reply to
reply

Yep... they are. Was looking at a 2001 Audi Wagon. Never once did they ask if I wanted a test drive. Own an A6. The salesman (no women in this NJ dealership) was helping someone else and just asked while in the lot if we needed help. When we said yes, he reluctantly got us keys. Didn't get the car from him but a few days later with another salesperson.

Reply to
Mike B.

Obviously a different town than Seattle. Never had any problems here, and I don't look traditionally professional. Of course in this town you never know who has the money, so that may contribute.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Like anything on Usenet or the Internet you are going to find more complaints than praise... Why would Audi dealers and their salesmen be any different?

Does that make my claim any less true than yours? Hell if the salesman was rude to me or not all that helpful I would go elsewhere. There is always a choice in this market.... Anyone who says they don't have a choice on where to shop or buy their car is just not being truthful.

If that wasn't true, you wouldn't have bought a Audi from a different salesperson :)

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

Just like an Audi is an upgraded VW?!?

Reply to
elmo

[snipped]

We veddy much prefer to think of VW as a downgraded Audi.

Now please be a good parking lot attendent and park this in your best space...

/daytripper '00 Veedoub - whoops - Audi S4 6spd ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

Wow RS6... well even here in ugly old Nottingham I went to an Audi dealer in bright red t-shirt sneakers and worn jeans with my hair dyed blonde and out of bed looks (I know... I had bad taste). I asked about the approved used cars and had a test drive as well, the salesperson was ever so helpful and even said things like best thing is to try out a few more before you finally decide what to go for, an A4 or an A6, as I wasn't sure which I preferred more. So yup I test drove a few, both A4 and A6 and a few different engines. Didn't buy one on the day cos' I had another offer from a friend who was selling his A4 later that afternoon. But I did take the A4 back to them for servicing every year and I had always been going in tasteless clothes and hair and they had always been giving me very nice A4/A6 as courtesy cars and last year they even gave me a 1.9TDI new A4! And they were always polite, I couldn't recommend them any more as they were really professional. And this year I bought a 1.8T Quattro Sport from them, in t-shirt and jeans again but no more blonde hair :-)

I'm just saying here that the Audi dealer here in Notts are pro, and please don't slack me off for ruining Audi's image by dressing in tasteless clothes and having weird hair cos' when I drive I dress nicely, cos' it's a respect I show to my most beloved cars.

Cheers, Jules

Reply to
Dr Joolz

I might as well add to this long string of replies.

I purchased an Audi A6 Quatro from a local VW dealer up here in northern Minnesota. When I asked the VW dealer about service, the salesman said there wasn't much difference between VW and Audi. So I bought the car. Then when it came to service (after the sale) I got many excuses, such as their computer would not work on my A6, no manuals for it either.

I contacted Audi International and got the name of a dealer in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Carousel Automobiles.

What a world of difference. I also went there in my very own set of tasteless clothes. The treatment and service I received was just short of fabulous. A personal greeting when I drove in, they put plastic on the floor and seats, invited me in to their snack bar where there were not one but two 50" plasma televisions to watch and partake in a number of great food items. A while later I wondered into the show room. I was greeted and told to just look around and let them know if I had any questions or needed help. No high pressure sales. I did have some questions and they were very courteous and helpful. I looked at several of the pre owned vehicles. Later when they finished servicing my A6, the service advisor went over the service ticket and explained everything in detail. OH yes!, I almost forgot, they gave me a 2003 model in case I wanted to go somewhere while my car was there for service. The downside to the experience is Carousel Automobiles is about 150 miles south of me, but that is just fine. It is good to know there is a dealer that is ethical and knowledgeable. One final note is the service charges were very reasonable for the work they performed. I guess if they have the training and proper service equipment, the time spent diagnosing and repairing is kept to a minimum.

So I guess there are good dealership's out there, one just needs to find them.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Bunyan

[...]

One final thought, I also found I could have purchased the same model and year with a guarantee at the Audi dealership for less than I did at the VW dealer. OH well! Live and learn....

[...]

You just ended up with a couple of asses my friend. I just took three different A4's for a test drive at the Roger Beasly dealership in Austin Texas and Lane was extremely professional and a good fella (for a car salesman..;)~). I'm not big on arrogance and didn't get that impression once.

Cheers!

Reply to
Jimmy Vegas