B6 front bumper crash ratings?

The new Audi's bulbous front ends place the grille right up front, looking extremely vulnerable to damage on low-speed bumps. =20

Does anyone know of these bumpers have a standardized speed rating of

2.5 or 5 MPH? (Earlier Audis had excellent ratings.)

Doug Warner

In the US, it is 5 mph for the front bumper and 2.5 for the rear, I believe, with 'minimal' damage.... Are you referring to the 2005.5 (B7) models with the single-frame grille? The B6 (i.e., 2002 - 2005) have the "old" split grille, and the bumper does stick out in front. But you're right, in that it does seem like the new grille style would be more susceptible to damage - but then again, I don't believe that cosmetic damage counts in the crash tests.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58