Best Rated threads in Audi Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Engine Swap A4 2.8L to S4 2.7L bi-turbo
Hello, Right now I have 99 A4 2.8L and I am looking to swap it for a 2.7L S4 engine. I just got my hands on a pair of stock S4 turbos in excellent condition, and for a really good deal. About the...
10
10

No handbrake on S4?!????
are you kidding me? do you start going whithout rolling back when sitting uphill?(Think san francisco)
19
19

AUdi TT engine code P2181
Just acquired a 2003 TT Coupe for my daughter. Hd it 2 days; it's now showing a Check Engine light Took it to Autozone to get scanned, they tell me the code is P2181 and that it means low coolant....
5
5

Immo off files
Hi. I m ecu tehnician. I sale immo off files (immo dumps). ALFA ROMEO ALFA 145 1.3 BOXER IAW 8F.6B - REMOVE IMMO ALFA 145 1.4 TS 16V 0 261 204 481 - REMOVE IMMO ALFA 146 1.6 16V TS 0 261 204 480 M...
3
3

audi a4 2.8 lifter noise
i have a 97 a4 that recently started to make a loud lifter noise. it is a bit louder than the 'classic' audi lifter noise and i suspect that 1 or 2 lifters are stuck. i tried to use a quart of...
10
10

Getting an old Audi to pass emissions inspection
My trusty 89 Audi 100 failed the Texas annual emissions inspection, with excessive HC at idle ( 373 vs. the 220 limit ). All other parameters were under the limit, including HC at speed. The...
8
8

Changing the air filter on a 1990 Audi 80 Quattro?
Ok, I checked the bentley manual, And it states to take the car to the dealer to change the air filter. WTF the reason for the manual was to learn how to do it yourself. Any help would be great...
9
9

audi a6 2.7t smoking
My 2000 audi a6 2.7t just started smoking (real bad) out of both exhaust pipes. It also sounds like the waste gate is partially open (like a small exhaust leak). The oil is 3 weeks old (synthetic 5w...
11
11

Engine overheating Audi A3
Hi, Engine is overheating coolant level is normal, if I turn on the heat in the car all I get is cold air ???. Noticed that if I open the coolant/expansion tank and leave loose and run the engine....
3
3

1993 Audi 80 front wing removal
I'm considering replacing the r/h front wing on my 80. It's the only part with rust breaking through and also has a nasty dent that stops me refitting the indicator moulding.. Could anyone point me to...
10
10

Audi 4000s 1987 runs good but stalls suddenly, starts again, then stalls again
Help needed for stalling Audi 4000s I have an 87 Audi 4000s 1.8L that has an intermediate stalling problem that is very puzzling. It seems that the fuel cuts of stalling the car, =B7 It only does it...

Stereo unlock code for Concert in 99 Audi A4
I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the...
12
12

Audi A3 1999 1.8 20v (AGN engine code): ECU problems
Car was running fine up to when it went into local Audi dealer for a routine service + recoding some spare transponder keys. Dealer reported that faults with engine management system were showing...
1
1

Needles jumping and lights flickering on A3 dash
Hi I have a 2001 (X) Audi A3 1.8 SE and I'm having a problem with the dashboard lighting and speed, rpm, fuel and temp dials. Initially from a cold start (despite the warm weather) the needles were...
4
4

A4 - Headlight washers won't *retract*
Howdy folks- It's odd. I'll head over to AWorld in a bit, though it is frustrating I can't figure out why this is happening. Bottom Line: my headlight washers won't retract, and they're resisting the...
2
2

'99 A6 rear license plate bracket?
'99 audi A6 Avant. I asked earlier w/ no response but am getting frustrated w/ not being able to mount a dang rear license plate. I just bought the car and there are 3(out of 4) screws in the black...
6
6

Oil change on 1996 Audi A6 - V6 2.6 litre engine (UK)
Hi all, I can see the sump at the back of the engine with a drain plug in the centre, but I can also see an oil pan (?) with a drain plug at the front of the engine (this is where the oil filter is)....
20
20

1987 Audi 5000s Coolant Leak..
1987 Audi 5000s Coolant Leak.. Recently, my 1987 Audi 5000 needed the upper radiator hose replaced. (exploded). After changing/flushing the coolant, there was still a loss somewhere. I finally...
6
6

Normal engine oil consumption for Audi A6 2.4 V6 model 2002?
What is the normal engine oil consumption for the car mentioned in the subject? Mine has 66.000 km (41.000 miles) in it, and I have to add oil every 5.000 km (3.100 miles). I would like to know your...
13
13

Solar Panel Sunroof not working
With the hot weather in the UK I've noticed that the Solar Sunroof on my 98 A6 is not running the ventilation fan. I've checked the solar panel is producing power with a meter (10.9v) and followed the...
4
4