Please enlighten me about the A4.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about any known cronic problems with any of the A4 models? I have just about had it with my Volvo V70 due to constant mickey mouse problems as well as major defects - Constant headlight burnout, blinker relay burnout, OEM rear brake pads last about 10K, transmission failure, yearly front end alignment needed, faulty check valve causes blower motor to burn out, etc, etc.

I have not heard any major cronic problems with the Audis so I am considering either an Audi or VW Passat.

Thanks for your comments.

Reply to
raymondj

The only well known problem I know of is (on earlier ones) front suspension balljoints that go dry and creaky.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

raymondj schrieb:

Just be aware that the A4 is much smaller than the V70. Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

A friend of mine, tried and true Volvo-ite who has a V70 came for a visit and was impressed with the fit and finish of the A4. His main comment was the Volvo cheaped out on a lot of things and a number of plastic bits in the cabin were cracked or broken. He also did enjoy the high speed ride in Tip sport mode. He likes driving fast and the road we were on is perfect to really try out the Sport package. He was impressed.

Reply to
Cam Newton

I'd second that any time. I just wanted to point out, that the V70 is larger if that is an issue for the OP.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Problems I've had in six years:

.- Defective Throttle Body unit - 800 $ .- Defective blinker relay - replaced it 2 years ago and it is now bad again. (2x 50 $) .- Front Suspension recall - covered by Audi. .- First set of original rear pads lasted only for about 12,000 km. .- Both factory Bose speakers blown after 3 years - I found out they were not even Bose, but Panasonic. At 160$ each they're a real rip-off! .- Bad front wheel bearings at 130,000 - 750 $ .- Bad N-75 valve connector. .- Bad N-75 valve - caused surging with the chip.

I would say all in all pretty reliable, although far from perfection. The most annoying bits are the bad speakers - I paid 1,300 $ for the Bose system, and the blinker relay - I bet Lada or Kia makes those far more reliable!

My two cents,

JP Roberts

"raymondj" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
JP Roberts

Lada? Are they still making that junk? I did a quick google and you can buy 'spare' parts but whole cars? Apparently not outside Europe. You can pick up a Niva for 9,990 euros. And the stylling? Wow.

The radios in the Kia and Lada are probably pretty good. It is the rest of the car though that will grief you.

My last Jetta had some interesting and expensive problems but overall I was happy with it.

I love my A4.

And for the problems in six years? I see no problems. I had my turbo replaced, free of course, at 800 km. No problems since, none expected and if something does happen, I won't be paying for it.

Reply to
Cam Newton

Yes we loved our A4 too. Until it reached 100,000 Km and we have had TONS of costs on it. It all toped with a cam belt break on teh motorway costing $6,000.00 New Zealand dollars. Never more Audi A4 for us. Audi NZ admitted they are trouble over 100,000 K's and not worth much after that. So much for a "prestige" car! We are deeply shocked by Audi's attitude.

Reply to
Robert Smits