Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Driver's seat
01 E39. Driver's seat and power tilt stopped working at the same time. Passenger seat works fine. Both run on the same circuit, fuse 13 ok. Memory mirrors which is also on the same circuit still work...
5
5

outside air temperature sensor E30 convertible
I have a 1990 325i convertible and I want to replace the ambient air temperature sensor. I have the part but cannot find the sensor. I have had the plastic piece in the front of the car off and didn't...
1
1

Comprehensive service guide
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum after finding it while tring to dig up information on running costs of a 3 series and what I should be looking out for in the UK. I'm after a 2002/2003 car I think,...

Flood damage to car engines
Due to the recent downpours we have had there has been lots of flooding country wide. Unfortunately I drove my 6 month old BMW 335d Coupe into such a flood. Other cars were passing through it and once...
68
68

New Tail lights electrical fault - E36 1998 316i SE
Hi, I have brought some new tail lights for my saloon E36. They are replicas of the originals but have smoked indictor and reverse light sections instead of the usual orange and white. I thought this...
7
7

Help please! - front wheel arch plastic pins
Hi. Has anyone taken out the front wheel arch liners? Towards the rear outside edge there are 3 pins which I've tried taking out. They won't pull out but I managed to get one out - it looks like a...
2
2

4.6 DOHC head onto a BMW M10 engine ??
Anyone EVER heard of someone putting a 4.6 DOHC head onto a BMW M10 engine? There is a ref to someone doing it here, but he's not replied back yet 'this is how I discovered that with a little work you...
1
1

E36 328i - tensioner pulley for belts . . .
Hi , i was thinking of changing my own engine belts. I see the tensioner pulley and have the procedure from Bentley's I was wondering if that pulley comes off or does it just loosen to remove the belt...
4
4

X5 How to remove rear inside door panel?
I've got an X5 with a window regulator that is apparently shot. The window just went all the way down by itself and now when the motor runs, it whirs but nothing happens. Top edge of of the glass that...
4
4

5 series front disks
Bmw 5 series car went into the garage a few days ago for new brake pads. TO my horror the dealer wanted to change the disks. The car has only done 20000 miles. Can anyone tell me what the diamter of...
25
25

745i research
I'd like to do some research on the 02-05 7 series before buying. Are there some good website with facts & specs? Thanks.
3
3

Advice First BMW
Probably going to buy a 2000 528it wagon with M sport package, automatic. I need a wagon to replace one of my vans. I've owned at least ten collector cars, ( 34 Chev, 37 Ford 49 Lincoln ECT.) and...
4
4

June issue Performance BMW mag: page 117 got scans?
Some friends of mine made The June issue of Performance BMW page 117 -- m20 swaps into 2002's. No newsagent within 100 miles of me has a copy. Anyone got a link to a scan? cheers -z
1
1

1995 525i M50
Hey guys........ I just recently purchased a 1995 525i. The car is in great shape and has pretty low miles. I was wondering what performance upgrades would work with this car and where can I find...

Stupid design decisions
Sorry, but this needs to be said. No oil dip stick: Maybe this would be okay, if it were not for the fact that sensors seem to be BMW's weak spot. I know on my E46, the oil-level sensor is a bit...
40
40