Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

88 528e curious stumbling problem
Alright all ye who are strong in BMW-fu 98.4 percent of the time this car runs absolutely fantastic. The other times it acts as though it is overheating then stumbles and runs quite poorly. The temp...
16
16

1992 325i, mid 90's 525i
been looking around for a used 5 series, e34 touring wagon, well maintained, but not much luck in my neck of the woods (DC/MD/VA). During my searches I have come across some other 'deals': 1992 325i,...
4
4

Cracking Noise in E46
Hi all, When there is a lot of direct sunlight into the E46 car. When you first drive it - there is a kind of crack noise from somewhere in the back - not exactly a rattle as it can "crack" even when...
5
5

Whistling sound
We replaced the windshield on our '98 Z3 a month ago, and now, when we are on the open road above 70 or 75 mph, we get a whistling noise from the lower edge of the windshield like someone blowing...

X5 Wheel size Pro and Cons
I am looking at a used X5 and have the choice of 4 different wheels to go on it: 17, 18, 19 or 20 inch. In terms of ride which will be the most comfy? Which wheel/tire combo will weigh the most? Will...
4
4

"BMW improves 5 Series vehicles across the board"
BMW improves 5 Series vehicles across the board at

HI PEOPLE OF THE WORLD....
I=B4ve a M5 E34 3.6L... And i have a big problem with him... His motor and valvule are in good conditions, but he doesn=B4t develop velocite has he should do, he only develop at 3500 rpm. He=B4s in a...

Need good input on tires
The Continental tires on my 323 still have good tread but I'm sick of the crummy things. Wheels need balancing, but I'm not gonna bother, just get new tires. Continental tires apparently behave...
52
52

E32 Front Seat Parts
I parted out a set of front seats from an E32 so I could get the leather for repair purposes and being a glutton for punishment I decided to take all the electrical parts out of the seat frame...

'99 Z3 Seatbelt Holder Replacement
Hi all, I have a '99 Z3 with two plastic, busted, seatbelt holders (the shoulder ones connected to the outside, upper part of the seat sides). Glue/tape/etc. didn't work and I'm tired of fishing them...
2
2

E36 series: Heater Control Unit
I first enquired about this last November, and had helpful responses explaining that there were two major causes of problems with the heater control unit: #1 A capacitor in the unit itself #2 A 'final...
3
3

E46 Rattle From Top Of Door
E46 saloon - there is a rattle or vibration coming from what sounds like the top of the drivers side window. The window is closed firm, and the door appears to be closed tight so doesn't need...
3
3

E46 bike holder
I wonder if anybody can advise me on solutions available for transporting two bikes? I have a 3 series Coupe (330Ci E46). Many thanks Ian
5
5

E46 Saloon - Leather Interior
I have a 320d E46 Saloon, cloth interior. Can anyone recomend where to find a decent leather interior? Seen a few on ebay etc for around £400.
2
2

2001 E46 rain leak @ top of back window
After a hard rain, my headliner is wet at the top of the back window above the third brake light. I ran a strip of electrical tape across the entire top of the back window seal overlapping onto the...
8
8