Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

E30 318i (M42) NOx doubled since last inspection (also a failure)
Hi, This is the same situation I had the last time I went for inspection... Nox on my 91 BMW 318i failed. Only this time, it has doubled from the accepted level! My car an E30 318i with the M42 1.8L...
3
3

check engine light
99 M3 check engine light is coming on regularly. When the car was new occasionally vapor lock would cause this... but one readjusted the cap and a tank of gas later the light went off. Now it comes on...
6
6

problems with 325i transmission.
I have a problem shifting into 1st and 2nd gear in my 325i E36. When the car is not working it goes through gears fine but when its running 1st and 2nd feel rough. As the car worms up it gets a bit...
9
9

General Service Vehicle question
'05 325Ci Coupe here, and as 30,000 miles approaches, so did the countdown to vehicle servicing. The countdown (when I start the car up) is now at 0, with my service appointment scheduled for 6/18....
2
2

2007 335i Bluetooth with Treo
After about 6 months of trying to figure out why my Palm Treo 700p sometimes acts funky in my 335i, I think i found a way to correct it when it does. Problem I was having was my treo would pair fine...
3
3

Looking to buy a 2007 335i Convertible..
I test drove one of these at my dealer and was pretty much ready to buy when he told me it was an 8 week wait... Not sure I can wait that long.. I don't mind flying somewhere and driving home (Santa...
6
6

Independent BMW garage
Can anyone recommend an independent BMW garage in the South or West Yorkshire area?
8
8

Staring problem with BMW 520i year 1998 help please
HI i have BMW 52oI in lovely condition it goes well but has one problem which is annoying me can you help please If i get my car out of the garage and then switch it off straight away it will not...
3
3

2004 M3, battery light coming on at "high" revs?
Hi, I have a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe, just out of warranty! I noticed today that in 1st gear when I got to about 5,000 rpm the battery light came on red and flashed then went constant, tried again in 2nd...
11
11

A/C Systems
All you need to know about car air conditioning
1
1

1999 528i sport package, good deal?
Got myself a '03 325ci with 53k miles a couple months ago and love it, it has the sport package. now thinking of getting a second car as a back-up/winter car. Saw a dealership near me, selling a 1999...
1
1

should airbag inflate when seat belt is NOT worn?
I got different opinions here. Because they say airbag could seriously harm you when you are not wearing seatbelt, but how is it implemented nowadays?
40
40

New M vs. New 3 series
I noticed that the 2008 M3 is supposedly going to run a 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, and that the 2007 330i coupe runs the 0-60 in 4.8.....is the M really worth the extra money, now that the normal 3 series...
6
6

New M3, $100,000.
Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD. Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the previous M3?
15
15

E39 alarm question.
Car parked on drive all day. Soon after noon alarm went off. Outside temperature over 25C. Reset it and within a minute it went off again. Reset it 3 times with the same result. I then set it with the...
4
4