Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Diminished Value?
Indeed you can collect for diminished value in most situations. I posted a reply to you on the corvette page. Just be careful in believing everything you read because there are a lot of misconceptions...

Oil leaks on prospective car? Should I expect them in a 10 year old BMW?
Third post for this newbie here. I ask this question to prepare myself for when I start inspecting cars come buying time. Here's the question that popped into my head and scared the beans out of me. I...
13
13

dreaded Service Engine Soon message
ok, so I just got my 2003 325ci, and the Service Engine Soon light comes on....browsing back through old threads, I see a commom culprit is a loose gas cap. Someone had mentioned that you must hear 2...
11
11

Will E46 wheels fit the E90?
Am considering replacing my '99 328i with an '07 or '08 328i wagon and would like to keep my Dunlop M3's mounted on BMW 16" steel wheels. Anyone know if they'll fit? TIA. Tom K.
3
3

Suitable Oil for 3.0d (193BHP)
I am told by those reliable BMW dealer chaps that the only oil suitable for this engine is special castrol 0-30 grade synthetic Anyone know if Visco 7000 is in fact suitable?
18
18

Need to adjust the windshield wiper arms
99-323i The windsheild was replaced, and to do that they removed the wiper arms. When they reattached the wiper arms they didn't set them correctly. After removing the nuts holding the wiper arms to...
7
7

car problem bad runnng sorted no sweet as a nut
the main large rubber hose for air intake, underneath was a wierd shaed pipe that had dislodged but didnt look like it, bit of fiddling and its running sweet
2
2

Checklist when buying used BMW
Here's my second thread. I've gotten some good bites on my two Volvos I am selling, so I am expediting my research in hopes of acquiring my first BMW sooner, rather than later. I don't believe in you...
10
10

should i be concerned??
Nice weather...so went over my bmw 525i 94 touring auto Last week at the mot place, the guy gave me a can of carb cleaner so today i took off the plastic to get to the butterfly. he said open the...
4
4

Which Antenna to use?
I am installing an aftermarket Alpine CD Player in a 95 740iL. I am confused about the dual antennas that I have found attached to the factory cassette player. Which do I use to attach to the CD...
4
4

Cold Air intake
Any thought s about a Cold Air Intale for a 2002 Z3 2.5? manufacturers, performance, etc? Thanks, Mark
2
2

engineoil grade for BMW diesel engines
I have a BMW 335 diesel. It needs about a liter of engine oil. BMW is asking =A316.00 for a liter. Is there an alternative I can buy from Halfords or elsewhere that will be equivalent to the BMW...
20
20

X 5 steering stalk computer does not scroll
My X 5 steering stalk computer does not scroll. It is stuck on CONS2. (Or something like that.) It used to be, when the stalk button was pressed it scrolled CONS1, 2, Time, Range, Speed etc. Now it...

735i '88 Instrument Cluster went out and electronic chime came on when braking.....?
I was driving back from a longish trip and my digital instrument cluster, gas and temp gauges went blank and when I braked the chime came on continuously and rather loud. Two days ago the cluster went...
3
3

crappy radio signal
the reception on my radio/cd player is pathetic, /mw/fm. i can drive along and i can lose it in minutes etc, it no use what so ever I cant find a arial sticking up, 94 525 touring, and i dont think...
18
18