Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Car wax
Hi all: I have a silver 2002 325XI as my daily driver, What should I put on it to protect the paint and to get the best shine and protection? Do I use a paint sealant or wax? The car garaged at night....
2
2

BMW 318 manufactured in 1999
Can anyone advise me how to go about changing the starter motor? It looks as if the injection system has to come off! I cant see a way of getting at it from underneath... Advice please guys C
4
4

I don't like electric assist stearing.
I have had my Z4 since November and normally drive it on weekends. My everyday vehicle is a 4Runner. I can see where if one drove the Z every day one could get used to the understeer of the electrical...
109
109

which 316i with valvetronic engine
hi, i'm new to the bmw world. and hopefully i'll soon make my first bmw purchase (second hand). can anybody tell me which of the 316i has got the valvetronic engine? i know it's an e46 but i can't...
3
3

94 740IL turn signal problems
Turn signal, passenger side went out yesterday. I replaced the bulb this afternoon, with both turn signals now working fine. Once it got dark, I turned on the headlights, and neither turn signal...

Help!
I would like to know how to get a socket on the upper starter bolt on a 1988 BMW 325IX.
4
4

Muffler on 1981 320
Hi all. The muffler on my '81 BMW 320is is hanging and not secured to the bottom of the car. It rattles and is driving me crazy. It sounds like my car is going to fall apart. I bought a new exhaust...
2
2

'97 E36: Odd Noise After Turning Off Ignition
I recently bought a 1997 328ic with 87K and it has been performing admirably. However, I just noticed an odd sound seeming to come from the dash area after I turn the car off. It sounds a bit...
2
2

Flaking paint on mirror bracket
I have a '99 323is, and on both mirrors, the "stuff" that covers the mirror brackets is flaking off. I'd like to repair this - is it just paint, or something else? It seems to have a rougher feel than...

Sold my vette. Need help as to a good sports or luxure car under $20k
Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?
15
15

bmw noise
hi i am hoping you guys can help me i have a j reg 316i bmw and when the car gets warm it makes a grinding sort of noise and soon as i press the clutch in the noise stops and also a noise from back...
15
15

PERGO Floors can be installed on your existing floor
hi every one, PERGO Floors can be installed on your existing floor, No maintenance required, Guaranteed upto 50 Years, More than 50 shades available. for details click
2
2

Uk - BMW 316i Cam belt change
At what mileage hould i get the cam belt changed its just done 65k and does anyone know how much its likely to cost?
2
2

Air Bag Warning Light
Refc: 323i, year 2000, 102,000 miles. The airbag warning light just came on. Is this a routine reminder for maintenance or inspection required at this mileage or does it mean there is a system fault?...
2
2

Looking to buy E39 M5 (in UK)
Now that the E39 M5 are becoming available in my price range, looking for comments on what to look for when buying second hand etc. Looked at a 1999 T reg locally to me - had the full BMW service...
1
1