Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2010 "AUTO BILD DESIGN AWARD": THREE EUROPEAN VICTORIES FOR BMW
Munich. With victories in three out of five assessment categories, BMW has assumed a dominating role at the 2010 "Auto Bild Design Awards". In the Europe-wide voting, the new BMW 5 Series Saloon, the...

E46 De-Sport
I find my 2002 330 convertible sport's ride is too harsh on our poor roads.. I have two broken rear springs presumably due to potholes. Should I fit standard ones (33 53 6 750 756) or replace like for...
18
18

Camshaft cover gasket set.
Bought a cam cover gasket set for my E39 528 - single VANOS - and as well as the main gasket and seals that go round the plug recesses, there was a seal like you get on the front of the crank etc but...

E39 final stage 'resistor'
Just fitted the fifth one on my 528 - but this time got a pattern one off Ebay for a third of the BMW price. Doesn't look as good, but has a year's warranty. No genuine one has done 3 years up to now,...
1
1

Capsule Review: 1989 BMW 750il At (Top) Speed
Now it can be told, more than twenty years after the fact. This recent kid-smashing-up-press-car incident has caused me to think about my own misspent youth and the potential parallels between it and...

Our Heavenly Mother 7-12-95
Our Heavenly Mother says, "Many stories have been written about My younger life on earth, and points of importance leading up to that Special Birth, as the Light shown so brightly at this time, where...

TEAM BMW MOTORSPORT WINS THE NURBURGRING 24-HOUR RACE
Nürburgring (DE), 16th May 2010. Team BMW Motorsport has made a triumphant return and won the 2010 24-hour race at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. Five years since the manufacturer's last victory, the...

Ambient Temperature Sensor
I've been having trouble with it my "Outside Ambient Temperature Sensor" (OATS) off and on for over 2 years, ever since I hit a curb and ripped it out. It seems like it should be so simple to repair,...
1
1

Car hackers can kill brakes, engine, and more
"University researchers have taken a close look at the computer systems used to run today's cars and discovered new ways to hack into them, sometimes with frightening results. "In a paper set to be...
12
12

Clueless New Yorkers Mistake Prototype BMW For Car Bomb
Clueless New Yorkers today mistook a lightly camouflaged BMW X3 prototype ? carelessly left running in front of the Museum of Natural History by a BMW executive ? for a car bomb and promptly shut down...

Run Flat Tires
I am expecting a new BMW 335i xDrive and was wondering if I should change the run flat tires over to normal tires after the run flats are worn down? Mite this have an advese affect on the performance?...
13
13

1996 e38 blower relay
Could anyone tell me where the a/c and/or vent blower relay is. 1996 740il. Found some by fuse box in trunk by battery but none are labeled. Also found some relays behind the glove box but again none...
4
4

2011 BMW M5 Burns Rubber Around The 'Ring
The 2011 BMW M5 causes mischief wherever it goes, whether on the pages of Car and Driver or here, on the Nürburgring, throwing up tire smoke as the rumored twin-turbo V8 lays down some rubber....

How bad idea is purchasing an used M5?
I have been offered a late '05 M5 with 44k miles, directly from the leasing company. Case it does any difference, it's european spec as I'm in Spain. Two years of warranty are included. Price is...
4
4

BMW X1 sDrive20d SE
Buying a book to read on holiday is very much like buying a car. There's a huge and bewildering choice and you are torn about what it is, exactly, that you want. If you are a man, you will know to...