Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

E numbers?
Just curious, but is there some logic behind BMW E-numbers. I was just passing by this group and I see E36, E39, E46 . . . yet they mean absolutely nothing to me (I understand my Z3 is an E36. That's...
6
6

3 Series Sedan five to eight years (or high miles) later?
I would like to hear experiences from folks who bought a 3 series between maybe 2003-2005 or so, or have 100k+ miles on it. What is the cost of repairs like late in the lifecycle? How has the car...
35
35

Crazy rally drivers
I just find this hilarious and heartwarming:

1999 E39 Transmission question
I just bought a 1999 528i that is in emaculate shape. It has 46,000 miles on it. It literally was owned the "a lady who only drove it to church." I already have a 2000 528i with 185,000 miles and...
24
24

Video: BMW's Dirk Mueller discusses the first hour of GT2 race at the 2010 Sebring
The 2010 12 Hours of Sebring is already underway and BMW driver Dirk Muller already has already had enough drama to last him the entire weekend. The weekend started off on a high note after Muller set...

midland bmw diagnostics
all enquiries welcome
6
6

midland bmw diagnostics
all enquiries welcome

Owner Manuals
Where's a good, reasonable place to get an owner manual for a 1996 750IL? Thanx
3
3

about to buy a 1999 E39
I currently own a 2000 E39 with 185,000 miles. I love this car, however it's getting pretty ragged. As I was talking to someone about possibly getting a new car, they mentioned their father-in-law had...
2
2

Seen on the side of the freeway this weekend
A Dinan M5. I thought, "I wonder how fast HE was going?" The wimp - should have made a run for it. 8)
2
2

1995 BMW 318ic Jack Lift...where to put the jack?
Hi folks. Hopefully someone can help me. I have a hydraulic lift for my car. The car has the peg lifts which fit into holes in the side, but it's flimsy. I have jack stands as well, but I want to use...
5
5

Oil leak from an E28
My brother's old E28 520 is leaking oil past the front camshaft oil seal following replacement of a blown cylinder head gasket - and head planing. The seal itself was replaced on the head rebuild -...
3
3

BMW 5-Series Touring
The Bavarian maker unveiled the official details on the station wagon version for the sixth generation 5-Series. Of course there are no news if the new 5-Series Touring will ever be offered on the US...

E61 m-sport - ride quality / comparisons
I have been running a 525d M Sport Touring for 2 years now. One of the things that surprised me was how firm (read: jarring at times) the ride is. it has the sport suspension and 18" run-flats. I am...
25
25

OBD II Codes, P01188 & P01189
These are unique BMW codes that mean Fuel Control, Bank 1, Sensor 1 and Bank 2, Sensor 1, respectively. Since the engine is an Inline 6, I'm not sure what Bank 2, Sensor 1 means. I would expect Bank...
16
16