Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

E46 M3 rotors
I have a few questions about the E46 M3 rotors. 1. Why does the European E46 M3 have cross-drilled rotors and the US M3 have plain rotors? 2. Will cross-drilled rotors provide improved braking? 3....
7
7

E34 520i/ M50 2.0 - MAF upgrade
Just thinking a loud here gents... 1) 2.0 M50 - Would upgrading to a bigger T/body as well as the 525/2.5 MAF bring more power? 2) IF using the 2.5 T/body, The MAF from a 2.5 would need to be rewired...
2
2

730d E65 Sat Nav Reverts to German
I'm having problems with the sat nav on my 730d sport reverting to German. The dealer has had it in three times now but the fault comes back after a couple of days, just wondered if anone else has...
9
9

BMW E36 316 AUTO GEARBOX HELP
I have been looking about for the refill point and dipstick levels for my bm's auto transmission, i cant for the life of me find where it is can someone please point me in the right direction. I am...
1
1

Stopping E30 rattles
Having taken advice from some of the posters here, I had my E30 318is resprayed in 2 pac. It looks 'as new', and I'm very pleased with the paintwork. However, there is now a rattle that is driving me...
1
1

1987 BMW 735i 3.5l cranks with spark but will not start
Code reader for 1987 BMW 735i 3.5l? What brand, model, and where can I buy one? OBD I or OBDII is for 1988 and up. Without going to dealer for diagnostic I need to know the failing code and equivalent...
3
3

Re: Dodge Viper SRT10
So why is Chrysler shit-canning the Viper in 2009, then?
2
2

730, M30 E32 1992 heater - water leak
730, M30 E32 1992 heater - water leak Hi Looking for advice. I have a water leak into the car from the heater. It can have only started a couple of months ago when I topped up the coolant. A thing i...
8
8

Right side high beam stuck on
About 2 months ago I had the right side xenon HID light replaced after it went bad. The replacement went well, but this week I noticed the right-side light is stuck in high beam when the lights are...
2
2

06 330 I
Thinking about purchasing a dark Grey 06 330 I with 32000 miles on it . The vehicle seems very clean .Assuming it's had all it maintenance what do you think are my chances of having an enjoyable...
7
7

'92 535 runs lean after hard driving
My '92 535 has lately had a strange issue. After driving hard, repeated WOT red line accelerations etc., it runs really lean after it has been shut off for a while. Last time it happened I nearly...
2
2

E30 stock radio volume control problem
The stock radio in my '91 E30 318i has a problem with the volume control. It's the kind of volume control with little step detents rather than smooth movement. When I first turn it on, the volume...

O2 sensors for '97 328
I have a 1997 328iC that is throwing catalytic converter codes along with O2 sensor codes. Both me & the local converter expert suspect the problem is actually more the O2 sensors than the converters,...
11
11

740i 1995 SOUND SYSTEM CUTTING OUT.. HELP!!
I have been hearing of a high volume of the E38's having a major sound system problem. The major problem is with the sound system not playing half the time. Plus cutting off and the clicking noise...
3
3

Paint blemishes, what to do.
I bought my used 323i, 2000 E46 back in May of 2007. It is Orient Blue. After a few washes I noticed some paint blemishes that was not there when I bought it. Do detailers use a wax with color to...